Aadhaar mandatory for beneficiaries of Ministry of Culture Scheme Safeguarding the Intangible Cultural Heritage and Diverse Cultural Traditions of India
MINISTRY OF CULTURE
New Delhi, the 4th September, 2017
S.O. 3033(E).—Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, the Ministry of Culture (hereinafter referred to as the Ministry) in the Government of India is implementing a Central Sector Scheme namely, the “Safeguarding the Intangible Cultural Heritage and Diverse Cultural Traditions of India” (hereinafter referred to as the Scheme) through Sangeet Natak Akademi, New Delhi, an autonomous body under the Ministry (hereinafter referred to as the Implementing Agency);
And whereas, the aforesaid Scheme provides for financial assistance (hereinafter referred to as the benefit) to various organisations and also to the individuals (hereinafter referred to as the beneficiaries) who are eligible as per the extant Scheme guidelines;
And whereas, the aforesaid Scheme involves recurring expenditure incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of section 7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government hereby notifies the following, namely:—
1. (1) An individual desirous of availing benefits under the Scheme is hereby required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) Any individual entitled to receive benefits under the Scheme, who does not possess the Aadhaar Number or, has not enrolled for Aadhaar, shall be required to make application for Aadhaar enrolment by 30th September, 2017, provided he or she is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per provision of section 3 of the said Act and such individuals may visit any Aadhaar enrolment center (list available at Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website www.uidai.gov.in) for Aadhaar enrolment.
(3) As per regulation 12 of the Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Ministry through its Implementing Agency, is required to offer Aadhaar enrolment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, and in case there is no Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the respective Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Ministry through its Implementation Agency shall provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations in coordination with the existing Registrars of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) or by itself becoming UIDAI Registrar:
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individual, benefits under the Scheme shall be given to such individuals subject to the production of the following documents, namely :-
(a) (i) if she or he has enrolled, her or his Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of her or his request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (2) of paragraph 2; and
(b) Any one of the following documents:
(i) Voter ID card issued by the Election Commission of India; or
(ii) Permanent Account Number Card; or
(iii) Passport; or
(iv) Driving Licence issued by the Licencing authority under Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988); or
(v) Certificate of Identity having photo issued by any Gazetted officer or Tehsildar on official letter head; or
(vi) Address card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts; or
(vii) Bank Passbook with Photograph; or
(viii) Ration Card; or
(ix) any other document as specified by the Ministry:
Provided further that the above documents shall be checked by an officer designated by the implementing agency for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free benefits under the Scheme to the beneficiaries, the Ministry through its Implementing Agency shall make all the required arrangements including the following; namely:—
(1) Wide publicity, through media and individual notices, shall be given to the beneficiaries to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the Scheme and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled at the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centers available in their areas by 30th September, 2017, in case they are not already enrolled and the list of locally available enrolment centres shall be made available to them.
(2) In case, the beneficiaries under the Scheme are not able to enroll for Aadhaar due to nonavailability of enrolment centres in the vicinity such as in the Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Ministry through its Implementation Agency shall provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations, and the beneficiaries may register their requests for Aadhaar enrolment by giving their names, addresses, mobile numbers and other details as specified in the first proviso to sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph 1, with the designated officials of the Ministry or Implementing Agency or through the web portal provided for the purpose.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all the States and Union territories except the States of Assam, Meghalaya and the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
[F. No. 6-10/2016-UNESCO]
M. L. SRIVASTAVA, Jt. Secy