CBDT gives one-time relaxation to update UDINs till 15.02.2021 for Forms uploaded during 27th April 2020 to 26th November 2020
CBDT is validating UDIN generated by Chartered Accountants while uploading of Tax Audit and other Income Tax Reports. In case the UDIN is not matched/validated, the forms become void or invalid.
ICAI has stated UDINs for certain Income Tax Forms which uploaded on e-filing Portal by the CAs during 27th April 2020 to 26th November 2020 have not yet been updated resulting invalidation message of these forms at Income Tax e-filing website.
CBDT gives further relaxation to update UDINs
According to the ICAI, its has persuaded CBDT to give extension for updating UDINs on above stated forms and till 15th February, 2021 these forms shall be valid.
Therefore, CAs have been advised by ICAI to avail the last opportunity and update the UDINs on the e-filing Portal at not later than 15th February, 2021 to avoid invalidation.
Also, for the Income Tax Forms other than above, members have been advised to update the valid UDIN within 15 days of such uploading else the IT forms will be treated as Null and Void by CBDT.
Read CBDT FAQs on UDIN Revocation click here
- MCA notifies effective dates for certain sections of Companies Amendment Act 2020 and 2019
- Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Amendment Rules 2021
- Penalty cases not covered under Faceless Penalty Scheme 2021 – CBDT Order u/s 119
- Fund Managers remuneration provisions u/s 9A(3)(m) relaxed by CBDT for FY 2019-20 and 2020-21
- Expenditure on replacement of machinery with new machinery constitutes capital expenditure