Internship Scheme Department of Economic Affairs 2017-18. Invitation of online applications. Last date to apply is 19th June 2017
No. A- 48011/19/2016- Admn.I
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
Room No.-234, North Block, New Delhi
30th May, 2017.
Subject : Invitation of Applications for the Internship Scheme of the Department of Economic Affairs for the year 2017-18 – regarding.
Department of Economic Affairs has the mandate to carry out not only the economic diplomacy but also to build and maintain the economic health of the country, which essentially envisages close interaction with various financial· institutions, both domestic and international.
2. The need for an Internship Scheme for the Department has been felt for quite some time, which is beneficial to both the Department and the intern. The Internship Scheme will ensure interaction with various financial institutions, both domestic and international.
3. The interns especially from reputed Economic Institutes/ Schools are expected to be instruments par excellence in adding flavour to the functioning of the Department. DEA shall assign to an intern specific assignment from an area administered by the Department. Such area could be Capital Market, Economic Reforms at macro level, Development Assistance to India from multilateral/bilateral financial institution s/ countries, Exchange Management, Foreign Investment in India and Indian Investment abroad, Monetary Policy, Fiscal Policy, Tariff Policy, Domestic Regulations, Inflation Management, Debt Market Operation and Debt Management (External & Domestic), Small Savings, Modernisation of Budget Documents etc.
The objective and guidelines / salient features of the Internship Scheme of the artment of Economic Affairs are given below:
- To familiarize the selected candidates with the overall process of formulation of economic policies of the Government at macro
- The internship is neither a job nor any such assurance thereof in the Department of Economic Affairs
Candidates with Graduation degree in first class and pursuing Pos graduation in Economics from Universities/Institutions of National an International repute are eligible to apply for the internship.
||Duration of internship is up to six months at different points of time during a financial year (other than December and February)
Token remuneration @ Rs. 10000/- per month per intern payable on satisfactory completion of their internship and on submission of their Report/Paper.
|Declaration of Secrecy
Interns are required to furnish to the Department a declaration of secrecy before reporting for the internship
Interns will be provided with the necessary logistics support, i.e. office space and computer with internet facility
The Interns would be exclusively attached with one of the DS/Director level officer in the concerned Division of DEA
|Submission of paper
The interns will have to present to the concerned Head of Division a report/Paper on the allotted subject at the end of the nternship. Simultaneously, they are required to give to the concerned HoD their mandatory feedback on their experience of the Proramme.
|Certificate of Internship
||Certificate will be issued to the interns on satisfactory completion of their internship and on submission of their Report/Paper.
| How to Apply
||Interested and eligible students may apply online in response to this advertisement by 6:00 P.M. of 19th June, 2017 by clicking on the following link: https://mofapp.nic.in/DEA_Internship/default.aspx
All the applications received through on-line process will be considered by the Selection Committee of DEA. The actual offer of Internship may be sent to 15 the selected candidates
5. In order to allocate the selected applicants, as per their interests, to various Division, it is suggested that the applicants should go through the website of the Ministry of Finance and indicate in their application the name of Division and three topics of their interest, in order of preference, on which they would like to work upon during their internship. The detai.ls of the works assigned to different Divisions in DEA are available on the website of the Ministry of Finance (http://finmin.nic.in and http://dea.gov.in).
Under Secretary to the Government of India.
Tel : 23092246.
E-mail: ra firstname.lastname@example.org