Advertisement for engagement of Yong Professionals during 2021 in Directorate General of Foreign Trade, New Delhi
Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), with headquarters at New Delhi, is an attached office of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and is headed by Director General of Foreign Trade.
Right from its inception till 1991, when liberalization in the economic policies of the Government took place, this organization has been essentially involved in the regulation and promotion of foreign trade through regulation. Keeping in line with liberalization and globalization and the overall objective of increasing of exports, DGFT has since been assigned the role of “facilitator”. The shift was from prohibition and control of imports/exports to promotion and facilitation of exports/imports, keeping in view the interests of the country.
DGFT is responsible for formulation and implementation of the Foreign Trade Policy with the main objective of promoting exports of the country. In addition to its basic objectives, this Directorate also issues scrips/authorization to exporters and monitors their corresponding obligations through a network of 24 regional offices and an extension counter at Indore.
DGFT hereby invites applications for preparation of a panel for engagement as Young Professionals on contractual arrangement in various disciplines to work in policy formulation and implementation of the schemes under the Foreign Trade Policy. The engagement with DGFT provides an exciting opportunity to be a part of India’s economic growth as well as grow professionally with experience. A Young Professional can, progressively, grow up as a Consultant in the fourth year of engagement, thereby becoming a valuable asset for contributing to the Trade Policy of country.
The disciplines for which Young Professionals would be engaged and the required essential qualifications for each are as under:
|Economics||Masters in Economics from a recognized university|
|Law||Masters in Law from a recognized university|
|Management||Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from a recognized university|
|Engineering||B. Tech/BE (Mechanical)/ B. Tech/BE (Chemical)/ B. Tech/BE (IT/Computer Science)/MCA from a recognized university|
*The candidates should possess requisite qualification on the date of publication of this advertisement
Other terms & conditions:
- The engagement will be on purely contractual basis for a period of one year from the date of joining at an all –inclusive contractual amount of Rs. 40,000/- (Rupees Forty Thousand only) per month, inclusive of TDS, as applicable. No other allowances and monetary benefits will be applicable. The contract would be extendable, on yearly basis with career upgradation, in accordance with the schematic norms, based on their performance and on the recommendations of their respective reporting officers;
- The career progression for the Young Professionals in the DGFT, based on their performance report would be as follows:
Year Designation Monthly Remuneration 1st Young Professional Rs. 40000/- 2nd Research Associate Rs. 45000/- 3rd Research Fellow Rs. 50000/- 4th Consultant Rs. 55000/- 5th Consultant* Rs. 55000/- + 10% increase
- After induction in DGFT on contractual terms, the selected candidate may be required to travel any place in India as and when required in connection with the official work of the Directorate. While on tour, TA/DA will be provided as admissible to Assistant Section Officers of this Directorate;
- Entitled to leave for 8 days in a year on pro-rata basis.
- The engagement is on the basis of information/declaration furnished by the candidate. The candidate would be solely responsible for any information/declaration being found incorrect at any stage of engagement and consequential action as deemed necessary would be taken by the Directorate;
- This Contractual engagement does not confer any right to claim any permanent post in the Directorate General of Foreign Trade in future ;
- DGFT reserves the right to terminate the engagement of a Young Professional at any stage in the event of a serious failure to perform tasks assigned or on failure to observe any standards of conduct by giving one month’s notice or pay in lieu thereof on either side;
- Interested and eligible candidates should apply, using their valid email ID along with supporting documents, at the Email ID email@example.com three weeks time from the date of issue of advertisement i.e. latest by 5th March 2021. Hardcopy of the application may also be sent to this Directorate at the following address through speed post: The FTDO (HRD-II), DGFT(Hqrs), Room No. 307, 3rd Floor, Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi-110011.
- For any query / clarification, the following officers may be contacted during office hours on any working day :
|Sl No.||Name of Officers and designation||Tele No.|
|1||Shri Sanjay Kumar Tiwari, Deputy Director General of Foreign Trade (HRD)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Ms. Aparna Srivastava, Foreign Trade Development Officer (HRD-II)||011-2306152 Ext. email@example.com|
- Bright young graduates and post-graduates are invited to use this opportunity and gain valuable experience in enhancing their career prospects through engagement as Young Professional in the Directorate General of Foreign Trade, Department of Commerce.
- SEBI Code of Conduct & Institutional mechanism for prevention of Fraud or Market Abuse
- Addition u/s 68 for cash deposited in bank during demonetization period deleted
- Payment to non-resident for resale/use of software through EULAs agreements not liable to TDS u/s 195
- SEBI Master Circular on Surveillance of Securities Market
- No Penalty u/s 271(1)(c) on filing revised return when no such questionnaire was issued with notice