Annual Return (GSTR-9) and Reconciliation Statement (GSTR 9C). Only values related to FY 2018-19 to be reported, FY 2017-18 to be ignored
09th October, 2020
Annual Return (GSTR-9) and Reconciliation Statement (GSTR 9C) for FY 2018-19
Vide notification No. 69/2020 –Central Tax, dated 30.09.2020, the due date for furnishing of the Annual return for the FY 2018-19has been extended till31.10.2020.
2. Certain representations have been received stating that the auto populated GSTR 9 for the year 2018-19 (Tables 4, 5, 6 and 7) also includes the data for FY 2017-18. However, this information for FY 2017-18 has already been furnished by the taxpayers in the annual return (GSTR9) filed for FY 2017-18and there is no mechanism to show the split of two years (2017-18 & 2018-19) in FORM GSTR-9 for 2018-19.
3. In this regard, it is clarified that the taxpayers are required to report only the values pertaining to Financial Year 2018-19 and the values pertaining to Financial Year 2017-18 which may have already been reported or adjusted are to be ignored. No adverse view would be taken in cases where there are variations in returns for taxpayers who have already filed their GSTR-9 of Financial Year 2018-19 by including the details of supplies and ITC pertaining to Financial Year 2017-18 in the Annual return for FY 2018-19.
- ICAI revised Guidance Note on Schedule III of Companies Act 2013 – January 2022 Edition
- CBDT exempts income of the National Skill Development Corporation u/s 10(46)
- ICAI notifies Dates of CA Exams May 2022
- RBI issues regulations for NBFCs under amended Factoring Regulation Act 2011
- ICAI bans eight CAs due to professional misconduct
4. All the taxpayers are requested to avail the benefit of the extended due date and file their Annual Return (FORM GSTR-9 ) at the earliest to avoid last minute rush. It may be noted that furnishing of the Annual return in FORM GSTR-9 is mandatory only for taxpayers with aggregate annual turnover above Rs. 2 Cr. while reconciliation statement in FORM GSTR-9C is to be furnished only by the registered persons having aggregate turnover above Rs. 5 Cr.
*****----------- Similar Posts: -----------