Clarification on fully electronic refund process through FORM GST RFD-01 & single disbursement.
CBIC has issued a Master Circular No. 125/44/2019 – GST to clarify fully electronic refund process through FORM GST RFD-01 and single disbursement.
Earlier, after roll out of GST w.e.f. 01.07.2017, as per temporary mechanism applicants were required to file the refund application in FORM GST RFD-01A on the common portal, take a print out of the same and submit it physically to the jurisdictional tax office along with all supporting documents.
Later, to make process of submission of the refund application electronic, Circular No. 79/53/2018-GST dated 31.12.2018 was issued wherein it was specified that the refund application in FORM GST RFD01A, along with all supporting documents, shall be submitted electronically. However, various post submission stages of processing of the refund application continued to be manual.
Finally, refund procedure was made fully electronic and was deployed on the common portal with effect from 26.09.2019.
Now the CBIC, has issued a Master Circular laying down procedure for electronic submission and processing of refund applications in supersession of all earlier circulars on the subject.
Clarification on fully electronic refund process by FORM GST RFD-01
The said master Circular specifies the following in details:
1. Types of the refunds for which applications shall be filed in FORM GST RFD 01 on the common portal and the same shall be processed electronically.
2. Modalities to be followed for all refund applications filed in FORM GST RFD-01.
3. Deficiency memos to be issued within 15 days starting from the date of generation of ARN.
4. Provisional Refund
5. Scrutiny of Application
6. Re-crediting of electronic credit ledger on account of rejection of refund claim
7. Application for refund of integrated tax paid on export of services and supplies made to a Special Economic Zone developer or a Special Economic Zone unit
8. Disbursal of refunds
9. Guidelines for refunds of unutilized Input Tax Credit
10. Guidelines for refund of tax paid on deemed exports
11. Guidelines for claims of refund of Compensation Cess
12. Clarifications on issues related to making zero-rated supplies
13. Refund of transitional credit
14. Restrictions imposed by sub-rule (10) of rule 96 of the CGST Rules
15. Clarification on calculation of refund amount for claims of refund of accumulated ITC on account of inverted tax structure
16. Refund of TDS/TCS deposited in excess
17. FAQ on Debit of electronic credit ledger using FORM GST DRC-03
18. Clarifications on other issues
The Circular also contains a list of all statements /declarations /undertakings/certificates and other supporting documents to be provided along with the refund application
Download Master Circular Click Here >>
- Extension of due dates for GST Annual Return and Reconciliation Statement for FY 2018-19
- Extension of due date of Tax audit report & ITRs filing for AY 2020-21 to 31.12.2020 / 31.01.2021
- Status of Writ Petition filed in Rajasthan/Gujarat High Court for Tax Audit due date extension AY 2020-21
- Fresh Transfer/Postings in the grade of Addl CIT/JCIT in UP (East) Region
- Changes in Transfer/Postings of ITOs in UP (East) Region, new additional charge