CBIC issues clarification on GST rates & classification (goods) based on the recommendations of the GST Council in its 47th meeting
CBIC has issued Circular No. 179/11/2022-GST dated 3rd August 2022 giving Clarification regarding GST rates & classification (goods) based on the recommendations of the GST Council in its 47th meeting held on 28th – 29th June, 2022 at Chandigarh
The clarifications are with reference to GST levy, related to the following:
1. Electric vehicles whether or not fitted with a battery pack, attract GST rate of 5%
2. Stones otherwise covered in S. No. 123 of Schedule-I (such as Napa stones), which are not mirror polished, are eligible for concessional rate under said entry.
3. Mangoes under CTH 0804 including mango pulp, but other than fresh mangoes and sliced, dried mangoes, attract GST at 12% rate.
4. Treated sewage water attracts Nil rate of GST.
5. Nicotine Polacrilex Gum attracts a GST rate of 18%
6. Fly ash bricks and aggregate – condition of 90% fly ash content applied only to fly ash aggregate, and not fly ash bricks
7. Applicability of GST on by-products of milling of Dal/ Pulses such as Chilka, Khanda and Churi:
Download Circular Click Here >>
- No service tax levy on Composite Works Contracts prior to Finance Act 2007 – SC
- Rule 17AA Books/documents to be kept by Charitable Trusts/other Institution
- If complainant not interested in pursuing case, holding CA guilty of misconduct not justified
- CBDT prescribes conditions for Covid-19 related relief to employees & Transfer of Properties
- Introducing Single Click Nil Filing of GSTR-1