CBIC issues clarification on GST rates & classification (goods) based on the recommendations of the GST Council in its 47th meeting
CBIC has issued Circular No. 179/11/2022-GST dated 3rd August 2022 giving Clarification regarding GST rates & classification (goods) based on the recommendations of the GST Council in its 47th meeting held on 28th – 29th June, 2022 at Chandigarh
The clarifications are with reference to GST levy, related to the following:
1. Electric vehicles whether or not fitted with a battery pack, attract GST rate of 5%
2. Stones otherwise covered in S. No. 123 of Schedule-I (such as Napa stones), which are not mirror polished, are eligible for concessional rate under said entry.
3. Mangoes under CTH 0804 including mango pulp, but other than fresh mangoes and sliced, dried mangoes, attract GST at 12% rate.
4. Treated sewage water attracts Nil rate of GST.
5. Nicotine Polacrilex Gum attracts a GST rate of 18%
6. Fly ash bricks and aggregate – condition of 90% fly ash content applied only to fly ash aggregate, and not fly ash bricks
7. Applicability of GST on by-products of milling of Dal/ Pulses such as Chilka, Khanda and Churi:
Download Circular Click Here >>
- Temporary Pause in e-Invoice Auto Population into GSTR-1 – GSTN Advisory
- In revision proceedings CIT cannot go beyond reasons given in SCN u/s 263 – SC dismisses SLP
- No penalty u/s 271F as due to mistake of DDO wrong PAN was mentioned in 26AS
- Benefit of concessional rate of tax u/s 115BAA – Assessee has to file Form No. 10IC once only
- Extension of the validity of FCRA registration certificates till 31.03.2024