GST statistical report released on completion of three years of implementation
On completion of three years of GST implementation, GSTN has released a statistical report.
The Key Highlights of the statistics are as under:
1. Registration Trend (Active Taxpayers Net of Cancellations)
There are 12311104 total registrations on 30th June 2020 as against 10839385 as on 18th April, 2018
2. Active Taxpayers
Total of 1,03,96,876 normal taxpayers, 17,11,581 composition taxpayers as on 30th June 2020. Maharashtra has maximum number of normal taxpayers followed by Uttar Pradesh while U.P. has maximum number of composition taxpayers followed by Maharashtra.
3. Total Returns Filed
Highest Returns Filed in a day are 23.86 Lakhs. Over 47 Crores Returns filed till June 2020
4. GSTR1 Return Filing Trend
Huge gap can be seen between eligible returns and returns filed for due dates for the months of March & April 2020 on account of extension of due dates due to COVID-19 pandemic.
5. GSTR3B Filing Compliance
Filing on due dates for the months of March & April 2020 is extremely low on account of waiver of interest & late fees payment due to COVID-19 pandemic.
6. Number of invoices Reported in GSTR-1 as per Turnover Slabs
8. Contribution to GST Revenue from Different Constitutions of Business
Proprietor leads the percentage of total taxpayers but in terms of revenue PSU leads the tally.
8. Refund of IGST Paid on Export of Goods (Jun – 19 till June – 20)
|Month of Transmission||IGST (Amt/Cr.)||Invoice Count||GSTR-1 Count|
9. E-way bill Statistics (1st April 2019 – 30th June 2020)
Total e-Way Bills generated 70,62,89,680
Highest number of e-Way bill generated in a day 25,19,208 (29th Feb 2020)
Modes of Goods Transport :
99.63% by Roads
0.42% by Rail
0.20% by Air
0.02% by Ship
10. GSTN Outreach Initiatives
Download GST Statistics Report Click Here >>
- Section 139A not to apply to non-resident who invests in a specified fund
- Govt. designates 3 Special Courts in Maharashtra for trial under Income-tax Act
- Revised procedure-Import clearance of pets/live animals including cats & dogs
- Trustees of Mutual Funds to appoint dedicated officer for administrative assistance
- No Penalty u/s 271AAB unless undisclosed income found from seized material