GSTN Advisory for the taxpayer wishing to register as “One Person Company” in GST Portal
As per provision of section 2(62) of The Companies Act, 2013 “One Person Company” is defined as a company which has only one person as member.
Some issues have been raised by the persons registering as ‘One Person Company’ while they take GST registration. Upon analysis, it has been noticed that the option of choosing One Person Company is not there in form notified by CGST/SGST Acts and hence not available on the GSTN portal also.
As a work around, it is advised that in the ‘Part B’ of GST Registration Form ‘REG-01’, applicant may select (Constitution of Business under ‘Business Details’ tab using dropdown list) option “Others”, if the taxpayer wants to register for GST as “One Person Company”. After selecting option as “Others”, the applicant shall also mention “One Person Company” in the text field and follow the steps for a normal registration application to complete the process.
In case of any further issues, it is advised to raise ticket at self help portal.
- Penalty u/s 271B deleted as assessee was unaware of Tax Audit Provision
- Provisional empanelment status of CA firms/LLPs with CAG for 2023-24
- e-Appeals Scheme 2023 notified. Procedure for disposal of appeals by JCIT(Appeals)
- A Reasonable limitation period applicable to Order u/s 206C for failure to deduct TCS
- Preparation & uploading fake ITR by Chartered Accountant. ITAT remands case