GSTN Advisory on HSN Code Reporting in e-Invoice on IRPs Portal
As per the notification no. 78/2020 – Central Tax dated 15th October 2020. As per the above-said notification, it is now mandatory for taxpayers to report a minimum of six-digit valid HSN code for their outward supplies having AATO of more than 5 crores in any previous financial year.
This requirement has already been implemented in the GST system, and we are now in the process of implementing the same at IRPs portal in collaboration with our IRP partners including NIC. It is further suggested that in case wherever valid six digit HSN code is not available, a corresponding valid eight digit HSN code be reported instead of artificially creating six digit HSN code.
The requirement may require changes to your systems as well. We would like to assure you that we intend to provide sufficient time for taxpayers and IRP partners to make the necessary changes to comply with this requirement.
The exact date of implementation shall be communicated shortly.
- Penalty u/s 271B deleted as assessee was unaware of Tax Audit Provision
- Provisional empanelment status of CA firms/LLPs with CAG for 2023-24
- e-Appeals Scheme 2023 notified. Procedure for disposal of appeals by JCIT(Appeals)
- A Reasonable limitation period applicable to Order u/s 206C for failure to deduct TCS
- Preparation & uploading fake ITR by Chartered Accountant. ITAT remands case