Standard on Assurance Engagements (SAE) 3410 Assurance Engagements on Greenhouse Gas Statements
Global climate change (GHG) is one of world’s most significant long-term policy challenges. Project to develop a standard for assurance engagements on greenhouse gas (GHG) statements was started by the IAASB in 2007.
With the increasing attention given to the link between GHGs and climate change, many entities are quantifying their GHG emissions for internal management purposes, and an increasing number are also preparing a GHG statement:
- As part of a regulatory disclosure regime;
- As part of an emissions trading scheme; or
- To inform investors and others on a voluntary basis. Voluntary disclosures may be, for example, published as a stand alone document; included as part of a broader sustainability report or in an entity’s annual report; or made to support inclusion in a “carbon register.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) has issued Assurance Engagements on Greenhouse Gas Statements to deal with assurance engagements to report on an entity’s GHG statement.
This SAE applies to assurance procedures performed with respect to the GHG statement other than when the GHG statement is a relatively minor part of the overall information subject to assurance; and the Guidance Note on Reports or Certificates for Special Purposes(hereinafter referred as “the Guidance Note”)(or another SAE dealing with a specific underlying subject matter) applies to assurance procedures performed with respect to the remainder of the information covered by the practitioner’s conclusion.
Download SAE) 3410 on Greenhouse Gas Statements Click Here >>
- ICAI bans 21 chartered accountants for guilty of professional misconduct
- RBI revised regulatory framework for NBFCs
- CIT(A) order set aside as lack of evidence not communicated and no opportunity was given
- Calendar for Sovereign Gold Bond 2021-22 notified
- InvIT and REIT under FEMA assigned definition as per Income Tax Act 1961