CBDT directions for handling startups grievances and addressing tax related issues
CBDT directions for handling startups grievances
In August 2019, a Startup Cell had been created at the CBDT level for handling redressal of grievances of Startups and addressing its tax related issues.
In furtherance of the above, the CBDT has issued Directions for handling startups grievances.
According to the CBDT communication addressed to all PCCITs/PDGITs in this regard, the issue relating to Startups are to be handled with utmost care and all the officers must be sensitized to handle such issues accordingly.
In this connection, CBDT has also prescribed the following time frame to handle the grievances of the Startups:
(i) In case of any grievance, the Preliminary Action Taken Report is to be submitted to the Board/Cell by the next day i.e. within one working day of calling of report .
(ii) Final Action Taken Report in this regard is to be submitted within 3 working days of calling of report by the CBDT/Cell by the next day i.e. within one working day of calling of report.
It has been further stated that respective Pr. CCsIT/CCsIT may constitute a Startup Cell at the local level for handling such issues and the CCIT concerned will remain accountable for all such grievances pertaining to their charge.
- Presidential Medal for Specially Distinguished Record of Service to CBIC Staff on Republic Day 2021
- Procedure – Disposal of application for conversion of public company into private in case of objection
- MCA notifies effective dates for certain sections of Companies Amendment Act 2020 and 2019
- Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Amendment Rules 2021
- Penalty cases not covered under Faceless Penalty Scheme 2021 – CBDT Order u/s 119