CBDT releases Income Tax Return Preparation JASON Utilities for ITR-1 and ITR-4 for AY 2021-22
|Form||Description||JSON Utility/ Validity Rule||Validation Rules|
|For individuals being a resident (other than not ordinarily resident) having total income up to Rs.50 lakh, having Income from Salaries, one house property, other sources (Interest etc.), and agricultural income up to Rs.5 thousand (Not for an individual who is either Director in a company or has invested in unlisted equity shares or in cases where TDS has been deducted u/s 194N or if income-tax is deferred on ESOP||
For Individuals, HUFs and Firms (other than LLP) being a Resident having Total Income upto Rs.50 lakhs and having income from Business and Profession which is computed under sections 44AD, 44ADA or 44AE
(Not for an Individual who is either Director in a company or has invested in Unlisted Equity Shares or if income-tax is deferred on ESOP))
Instruction for use of offline utilities:
- Select the Assessment Year
- Download either excel or Java or JSON utility. The utility by default will get downloaded in your system ‘download’ folder in a compressed mode (ZIP file)
- Extract (un-compress) the zip file containing the utilities. The folder will be extracted in the same location where the compressed utility was downloaded. Open the utility and start filling.
- JSON Utilities: OS – Windows 7 or later are supported, Processor – Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that’s SSE2 capable or AMD K10 or above core architecture, RAM – 1.5GB of RAM or more, HDD – 500MB or more of free space
- Excel Utilities: Macro enabled MS-Office Excel version 2010/2013/2016 on Microsoft Windows 7 / 8 /10 with .Net Framework (3.5 & above)
- Java Utilities : Microsoft Windows 7/8/10, Linux and Mac OS 10.x with JRE (Java Runtime Environment) Version 8 with latest updates.
JRE can be downloaded from https://java.com/en/download/
- MEIS applications for Shipping bills with Let Export date from 01.04.2019 to 31.03.2020 can be submitted without any late cut upto 30.09.2021.
- Basic Savings Account can be opened under Post Office Savings Account Scheme 2019
- IBBI (Pre-packaged Insolvency Resolution Process) Regulations 2021
- GSTN Advisory on GST Payment under QRMP Scheme, for the month of March, 2021
- CBDT Instruction 1916 takes into account quantity of jewellery generally held by family members of a Hindu Family