For exemption of income u/s 10(23FE)-CBDT notifies business engaged in infrastructure sub-sectors mentioned in Updated Harmonised Master List
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
Notification No. 44/2020
New Delhi, the 6th July, 2020
S.O. 2227E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by item (b) of sub-clause (iii) of clause (23FE) of section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby specifies business, for the purposes of said item (b), to be the business which is engaged in the infrastructure sub-sectors mentioned in Updated Harmonised Master List of Infrastructure Sub-sectors in the notification of the Government of India in the Ministry of Finance, Department of Economic Affairs, published in Gazette of India, Extraordinary, vide number, F.No.13/3/2017-INF dated 13th August, 2018.
2.The reference to the infrastructure sub-sectors in the said Harmonised Master List of Infrastructure Sub-sectors shall not include the business already provided in the said item (b).
3. This notification shall come into force from the 1st day of April, 2021 and shall be applicable for assessment year 2021-22 and subsequent assessment years.
[F. No. 370142/24/2020-TPL]
NEHASAHAY, Under Secy.
(Tax Policy and Legislation Division)
- Section 139A not to apply to non-resident who invests in a specified fund
- Govt. designates 3 Special Courts in Maharashtra for trial under Income-tax Act
- Revised procedure-Import clearance of pets/live animals including cats & dogs
- Trustees of Mutual Funds to appoint dedicated officer for administrative assistance
- No Penalty u/s 271AAB unless undisclosed income found from seized material