Income of District Mineral Foundation Trust made exempt u/s 10(46) of Income-tax Act, 1961 for Assessment years 2020-2021 to 2022-2023
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
Notification No. 73/2020
New Delhi, the 10th September, 2020
S.O.3088(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (46) of section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby notifies for the purposes of the said clause, ‘District Mineral Foundation Trust’ as specified in the schedule to this notification,constituted by Government in exercise of powers conferred under section 9(B) of the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) Amendment Act, 2015 (10 of 2015) as a ‘class of Authority’, in respect of the following specified income arising to that Authority, namely :-
(a) Contribution by lease Holder to DMF as per the Mines and Minerals (Contribution to District Mineral Foundation) Rules, 2015;
(b) Interest received from lease holders for late payment;
(c) Any Penalty charged to lease holder;
(d) Income from Interest on fund available under DMF;
(e) Interest received on Saving Bank Accounts; and(f)Interest received on Excess Fund invested in Term Deposit.
2.This notification shall be effective subject to the conditions that each of the District Mineral Foundation Trust-
(a) shall not engage in any commercial activity;
(b) activities and the nature of the specified income shall remain unchanged throughout the financial years; and
(c) shall file return of income in accordance with the provision of clause (g) of sub-section (4C) of section 139 of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
(d) shall file the Audit report along with the Return, duly verified by the accountant as provided in explanation to section 288(2) of the Income-tax Act, 1961 along with a certificate from the chartered accountant that the above conditions are satisfied.
3. This notification shall be deemed to have been applied for the assessment year 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 and shall apply with respect to the assessment years 2020-2021, 2021-2022 and 2022-2023 in respect of Trusts mentioned in column (2) of the below mentioned schedule.
|S.No.(1)||Name of DMF Trust(2)||State (3)||PAN (4)|
PRAJNA PARAMITA, Director
It is certified that no person is being adversely affected by giving retrospective effect to this notification.
Download Notification Click Here >>
- CBIC allows contactless delivery of international courier shipments by OTP validation
- Empanelment to act as ICAI Exam observers for Nov 2020 CA Exam reopened till 25.10.2020
- Writ Petition filed in Rajasthan High Court for Tax Audit due date extension for AY 2020-21
- Ceiling of allowable partners remuneration u/s 40b and exclusion of interest income
- Date of submission of EO fulfilment document extended for expiring Export Obligation period