Income Tax appeals pending with CIT(A) for more than 5 years to be disposed off by 31.03.2020 – CBDT
In a communication addressed to all Pr. CCITs, CBDT has expressed serious concern over non-disposal of appeals pending for more than 3 years and 5 years with CIT(A).
The data provided by ITBA, CBDT noticed that out of opening balance of 31325 of appeals pending for 5 years and more, only 7597 appeals have been disposed of till 30.11.2019.
Accordinly, it has been directed that all such appeals pending for more than 5 years as on 1st April, 2019 must be disposed off without fail by 31st March, 2020.
CBDT has also advised redistribution of appeals within the region to ensure disposal by the above date.
Download CBDT Instruction Click Here >>
- SEBI amends requirements for listing of securities on a recognised stock exchange
- Housing financial companies notified under SARFAESI Act as financial institutions
- Ananta Barua tenure as Whole-Time Member of SEBI extended for 2 years upto 31.07.2023
- Companies (Indian Accounting Standards) Amendment Rules 2021
- Santosh K Mohanty tenure as Whole-Time Member of SEBI extended for two years