NeAC Instruction on handling of non-responsive & other cases for physical verification through Verification Units
National e-Assessment Centre, Delhi
Room No. 401, 2nd Floor, E-Ramp,
Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Delhi-110003
F. No. CIT(NeAC)/2020-21/802
The Chief Commissioners of Income Tax (ReAC),
The Pr CSIT ReAC (AU & VU)
Sub; – Handling of non-responsive & other cases for physical verification through VUs: Regarding.
Kindly refer to the above.
2. I am directed to inform that the CBDT has approved that the following cases to be handled through physical verification by designated VUs through Insight –
(i) Non-CASS compulsory cases, set-aside and 148 assessment cases as non responsive for service of notices as per SOP approved on 10.02.2021
(ii) CASS cases – The CASS cases where assessee has not replied in last 60 days despite notices from the FAO
(iii) Compulsory/148/Set aside cases – where the assessee has not responded to the notices in last 30 days. However, the cases where emails are not present (cases without digital footprint) may not be marked as they would be handled by different procedure .
such cases would be handled as per the SOP approved on 10.02.2021. In all these cases final order are proposed not to be passed for at least 15 days in the cases after they are marked as non-responsive
Yours faithfully ,
Commissioner of Income-tax (NeAC) , Delhi.
Download Instruction Click Here >>
- SEBI (LODR) (2nd Amendment) Regulations 2021. Secretarial compliance report mandatory for listed companies
- CBDT notifies five sovereign wealth funds u/s 10(23FE)
- MCA clarification on spending CSR funds for COVID care infrastructure, establishment of oxygen plants
- RBI relaxes norms for periodic updation of KYC by banks. Accounts operations not to be restricted till 31.12.2021
- CBDT prescribes limit & condition for exemption of value received in lieu of Travel Concession