No tax on salary income earned by non-resident Indian citizens in Gulf countries – Finance Minister
The Union Finance Minister has clarified that the Finance Act, 2021 hasn’t brought in any additional or new tax on hardworking Indian workers in Saudi/UAE/Oman/Qatar. It has merely incorporated general definition of the term “liable to tax” in the Income Tax Act to provide clarity.
In a tweet she stated that the amendment has not altered the taxability of salary income earned by non-resident Indian citizens in Gulf countries. Their salary income earned in Gulf countries would continue to be exempt in India.
Refuting the news at social media, it was stated that drawing conclusions without comprehending the facts is worrying. Further, putting out the conclusion on a social media platform not only misleads but also creates unwanted panic among people.
- ICAI bans 21 chartered accountants for guilty of professional misconduct
- RBI revised regulatory framework for NBFCs
- CIT(A) order set aside as lack of evidence not communicated and no opportunity was given
- Calendar for Sovereign Gold Bond 2021-22 notified
- InvIT and REIT under FEMA assigned definition as per Income Tax Act 1961