No tax on salary income earned by non-resident Indian citizens in Gulf countries – Finance Minister
The Union Finance Minister has clarified that the Finance Act, 2021 hasn’t brought in any additional or new tax on hardworking Indian workers in Saudi/UAE/Oman/Qatar. It has merely incorporated general definition of the term “liable to tax” in the Income Tax Act to provide clarity.
In a tweet she stated that the amendment has not altered the taxability of salary income earned by non-resident Indian citizens in Gulf countries. Their salary income earned in Gulf countries would continue to be exempt in India.
Refuting the news at social media, it was stated that drawing conclusions without comprehending the facts is worrying. Further, putting out the conclusion on a social media platform not only misleads but also creates unwanted panic among people.
- MEIS applications for Shipping bills with Let Export date from 01.04.2019 to 31.03.2020 can be submitted without any late cut upto 30.09.2021.
- Basic Savings Account can be opened under Post Office Savings Account Scheme 2019
- IBBI (Pre-packaged Insolvency Resolution Process) Regulations 2021
- GSTN Advisory on GST Payment under QRMP Scheme, for the month of March, 2021
- CBDT Instruction 1916 takes into account quantity of jewellery generally held by family members of a Hindu Family