Performance in respect of Vivad se Vishwas Scheme to be part of Income Tax Officials Appraisal for FY 2019-20. Important in determining future postings-CBDT
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
[Central Board of Direct Taxes]
New Delhi the 13th February , 2020
Sub: Performance of Pr. Chief Commissioners of Income Tax in respect of ‘Vivad Se Visbwas Scbeme’ to be a part of APAR- reg.
The Direct Tax Vivad se Vishwas Bill, 2020 has been introduced in the Parliament as a taxpayer friendly measure with the objective of minimizing litigation as well as to realize the demand locked up in litigation. Considering the importance being attached by the Government to the Scheme it is imperative that the field formations make efforts in the right earnest for the success of the scheme, after its enactment.
Accordingly, I have been directed to convey that all the field officers i.e., the Assessing Officers, Range Heads, Pr. Commissioners of Income Tax, Chief Commissioners of Income Tax and Pr. Chief Commissioners of Income Tax may give details of their performance in respect of ‘Vivad Se Vishwas Scheme’ in the self-appraisal in the APAR for F.Y. 2019-20. Details of the number of disputed cases, amount involved in disputed cases as well as the number of cases resolved and the amount collected under the scheme may be reported in the self-appraisal. The performance of officers in respect of ‘Vivad Se Vishwas Scheme’ will be specifically commented upon by the Reporting and the Reviewing officers and shall be an important factor in determining their future postings.
(Rakesh Gupta) CIT(C&S) , CBDT
All Pr. Cbief Commissioners of Income Tax
- ICSI requests for extension of time for Annual filing of One Person Companies due to Covid 19
- Govt. notifies scheme of merges of LVB with DBS Bank. Read how depositors shall be treated
- Banks not to grant approval to foreign Law firms for practicing in India – RBI
- Extension of time for online submission of FCRA Annual returns for FY 2019-20 to 30.06.2021
- Testing of software used in or related to Trading and Risk Management-mock testing optional