Thresholds of Rs. 2 crores notified for the purposes of significant economic presence. CBDT notifies new Rule 11UD Rule 11UD
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
Notification No. 41 /2021
New Delhi, the 3rd May, 2021
G. S. R. 314(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by the clause (a) and clause (b) of Explanation 2A to sub-section (1) of section 9 read with section 295 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Board of Direct Taxes hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Income-tax Rules, 1962, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement. —(1) These rules may be called the Income-tax (13th Amendment) Rules, 2021.
(2) They shall come into force with effect from the 1stday of April, 2022.
2. In the Income-tax Rules, 1962, after rule 11UC, the following rule shall be inserted, namely:-
“11UD. Thresholds for the purposes of significant economic presence.—
(1) For the purposes of clause (a) of Explanation 2A to clause (i) of sub-section (1) of section 9, the amount of aggregate of payments arising from transaction or transactions in respect of any goods, services or property carried out by a non-resident with any person in India, including provision of download of data or software in India during the previous year, shall be two crore rupees;
(2) For the purposes of clause (b) of Explanation 2A to clause (i) of sub-section (1) of section 9, the number of users with whom systematic and continuous business activities are solicited or who are engaged in interaction shall be three lakhs.”.
[F. No. 370142/11/2018-TPL]
KAMLESH CHANDRA VARSHNEY, Jt. Secy.
Note: The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part-II, Section-3, Sub-section (ii) vide number S.O. 969 (E),dated the 26th March, 1962 and last amended vide notification number G.S.R. 301(E), dated 30th April, 2021
Download Notification Click Here >>
- Supreme Court directs pilot study on Special Courts for trial of cases u/s 138 of NI Act
- Appeal disposed of in hurried manner without reasonable opportunity of being heard set aside
- Existing MSMEs given relaxation for registration till 30.06.2022 for classification as MSMEs
- If part amount of auctioned property received by bank after CIRP started, sale incomplete – SC
- Invoking Revisionary powers u/s 263 merely on the basis of suspicion not justified – ITAT