No Foreclosure Charges /Prepayment Penalty on Floating Rate Term Loans for purposes other than business to individual borrowers – RBI
In 2012, RBI in terms of the Monetary Policy Statement 2012-13 mandated that banks will not be permitted to charge foreclosure charges/pre-payment penalties on home loans on floating interest rate basis.
Again in 2014, in terms of the Monetary Policy Statement 2014-15, the RBI mandated that banks will not be permitted to charge foreclosure charges/ pre-payment penalties on all floating rate term loans sanctioned to individual borrowers.
Now again the RBI has clarified that banks shall not charge foreclosure charges/ pre-payment penalties on any floating rate term loan sanctioned, for purposes other than business, to individual borrowers with or without co-obligant(s).
It has also been clarified that NBFCs shall not charge foreclosure charges/ pre-payment penalties on any floating rate term loan sanctioned for purposes other than business to individual borrowers, with or without co-obligant(s).
- SOP for physical hearing of cases before NCLT apart from virtual hearing w.e.f. 01.03.2021
- Due date for furnishing GSTR-9 / GSTR-9C for FY 2019-20 extended further to 31.03.2021
- CBDT extends deadline for passing income tax Penalty / Assessment/Re-assessment orders
- Pr.CCIT UP (East) Lucknow invites application to empanel Senior and Junior Standing Counsels
- Disallowance u/s 40(a)(ia) for non deduction of TDS on amount credited to Provision account deleted
addition u/s 68 ca misconduct cash deposit in bank CBDT cbdt circular CBDT Instruction cbdt notification cbdt order cbdt press release cgst circular cgst notification cit revision 263 concealment penalty covid-19 custom circular demonetisation due date extension e-way bill faq GST circular GST Council Meeting gst faq gstr-1 GSTR-3B GST rates gst refund IBBI income tax prosecution itat ITAT Delhi mca circular MCA notification order u/s 119 penalty 271(1)(c) penalty u/s 271(1)(c) Press Release reasons recorded reopening 148 Reopening us 147 sebi circular sebi regulations transfer and postings unexplained cash credits validity of notice u/s 148 Withdrawal of 2000 500 Bank Notes