Relaxation of provisions for Small Savings Account holders of PPF, Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA) and RD. Extension of dates
The Ministry of Finance has relaxed the regulatory provisions to operate the Small Savings Schemes to safeguard the interests of small savings depositors in view of the lockdown in the Country due to COVID-19 pandemic.
The following relaxations shall become operative with immediate effect:
Relaxation of provisions for Small Savings Schemes Account
1. The subscribers of Public Provident Fund (PPF) and Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA) may now deposit their savings upto 30th June, 2020, which couldn’t be deposited in FY 2019-20 due to lockdown in the country.
2. The revival fee/ penalty charges are waived of on the PPF, SSA/ RD accounts in which mandatory minimum deposit in not made upto 31st March, 2020 subject to such deposit are made upto 30th June, 2020
3. All those PPF subscribers, whose accounts were matured on 31.03.2020 (including one year window for extension), can now be extended upto 30.06.2020.
Download Relaxation Guidelines Click Here >>
- FAQ on LTC Cash Voucher Scheme. Clarification on Special cash package in lieu of LTC
- CBIC allows contactless delivery of international courier shipments by OTP validation
- Empanelment to act as ICAI Exam observers for Nov 2020 CA Exam reopened till 25.10.2020
- Writ Petition filed in Rajasthan High Court for Tax Audit due date extension for AY 2020-21
- Ceiling of allowable partners remuneration u/s 40b and exclusion of interest income