Relaxation of provisions for Small Savings Account holders of PPF, Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA) and RD. Extension of dates
The Ministry of Finance has relaxed the regulatory provisions to operate the Small Savings Schemes to safeguard the interests of small savings depositors in view of the lockdown in the Country due to COVID-19 pandemic.
The following relaxations shall become operative with immediate effect:
Relaxation of provisions for Small Savings Schemes Account
1. The subscribers of Public Provident Fund (PPF) and Sukanya Samriddhi Account (SSA) may now deposit their savings upto 30th June, 2020, which couldn’t be deposited in FY 2019-20 due to lockdown in the country.
2. The revival fee/ penalty charges are waived of on the PPF, SSA/ RD accounts in which mandatory minimum deposit in not made upto 31st March, 2020 subject to such deposit are made upto 30th June, 2020
3. All those PPF subscribers, whose accounts were matured on 31.03.2020 (including one year window for extension), can now be extended upto 30.06.2020.
Download Relaxation Guidelines Click Here >>
- No service tax levy on Composite Works Contracts prior to Finance Act 2007 – SC
- Rule 17AA Books/documents to be kept by Charitable Trusts/other Institution
- If complainant not interested in pursuing case, holding CA guilty of misconduct not justified
- CBDT prescribes conditions for Covid-19 related relief to employees & Transfer of Properties
- Introducing Single Click Nil Filing of GSTR-1