Aadhaar compulsory for UGC AICTE Fellowship. Individuals desirous of availing benefits of schemes to furnish Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication
MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
(Department of Higher Education)
New Delhi, the 26th April , 2017
S.O.1304(E).—Whereas, the use of Aadhaar as identity document for delivery of services or benefits or subsidies simplifies the Government delivery processes, brings in transparency and efficiency, and enables beneficiaries to get their entitlements directly in a convenient and seamless manner and Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one’s identity;
And whereas, the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (hereinafter referred to as the Ministry) in the Government of India is administering the following Central Sector Schemes (hereinafter referred to as the Schemes) which are implemented through the University Grants Commission (UGC) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) (hereinafter referred to as the Implementing Agencies):
(i) Emeritus Fellowship;
(ii) Dr. D.S. Kothari Post Doctoral Fellowship in Sciences;
(iii) Post Doctoral Fellowship for Women;
(iv) Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Post Doctoral Fellowship in Humanities and Social Sciences (Including Languages);
(v) Post-Doctoral Fellowship for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Candidates;
(vi) Basic Science Research Fellowship for Sciences;
(vii) Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child fellowship for Research in Social Sciences;
(viii) Junior Research Fellowship in Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences; (ix) Post Graduate Scholarship for University Rank Holders;
(x) Post Graduate Scholarship for Single Girl Child;
(xi) Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Candidates; (xii) “Ishan Uday” Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region;
(xiii) Basic Science Research Faculty Fellowship; (xiv) Post Graduate Scholarship for M.E., M.Tech, M.Pharm to Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) or Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) qualified Candidates;
(xv) Free Education for Sports Medal Winner or participants of National or International Events;
(xvi) Quality Improvement Programme (QIP) for faculty deputed for M.Tech or Ph.D studies at QIP Centres;
(xvii) Special Scholarship Scheme for Jammu and Kashmir students;
(xviii) Post Graduate Scholarship for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) and Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) qualified Post Graduate students of AICTE approved technical institutes;
And whereas, financial assistance (hereinafter referred to as benefits) is provided to the students and faculties (hereinafter referred to as the beneficiaries) under the Schemes and the Implementing Agencies source the applications and supporting documents through Institutions, Banks, Universities and other such organisations (together hereinafter referred to the Designated Agencies);
And whereas, the aforesaid Schemes involve expenditure incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India;
Now, therefore, in pursuance of the provisions of section 7 of the
(18 of 2016) (hereinafter referred to as the said Act), the Central Government hereby notifies the following, namely:-
1. (1) An individual eligible for receiving the benefits under the Schemes is hereby required to furnish proof of possession of Aadhaar number or undergo Aadhaar authentication.
(2) Any individual desirous of availing receiving benefits under the Schemes, who does not possess the Aadhaar number or, has not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, is hereby required to make application for Aadhaar enrollment by 30th June, 2017 provided she or he is entitled to obtain Aadhaar as per section 3 of the said Act and such individuals shall visit any Aadhaar enrolment centre [list available at Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website www.uidai.gov.in] to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
(3) As per regulation 12 of Aadhaar (Enrolment and Update) Regulations, 2016, the Ministry through its Implementing Agencies and Designated Agencies, which requires an individual to furnish Aadhaar, is required to offer Aadhaar enrolment facilities for the beneficiaries who are not yet enrolled for Aadhaar and in case there is no Aadhaar enrolment centre located in the respective Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Ministry through its Implementing Agencies and Designated Agencies is required to provide Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations in co-ordination with the existing Registrars of UIDAI or by becoming UIDAI Registrar themselves:
Provided that till the time Aadhaar is assigned to the individual, benefits under the Schemes shall be given to such individuals, subject to the production of the following identification documents, namely:–
(a) (i) if she or he has enrolled, her or his Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip; or
(ii) a copy of her or his request made for Aadhaar enrolment, as specified in sub-paragraph (b) of paragraph 2 below; and
(b) (i) Bank or Post office Passbook with Photo; or (ii) Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card; or (iii) Passport; or (iv) Ration Card; or (v) Voter Identity Card; or (vi) Driving license issued by Licensing Authority under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988); or (vii) Certificate of identity having photo of such person issued by a Gazetted Officer or a Tehsildar on an official letter head; or (viii) Any other document as specified by the Ministry
Provided further that the above documents shall be checked by an officer specifically designated by the Ministry for that purpose.
2. In order to provide convenient and hassle free benefits to the beneficiaries under the Schemes, the Ministry through its Implementing Agencies and Designated Agencies shall make all the required arrangements including the following, namely:-
(a) Wide publicity through media and individual notices through shall be given to the beneficiaries to make them aware of the requirement of Aadhaar under the Schemes and they may be advised to get themselves enrolled at the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centres available in their areas by 30th June, 2017, in case they are not already enrolled. The list of locally available enrolment centres (list available at www.uidai.gov.in) shall be made available to them.
(b) In case, the beneficiaries the Schemes are not able to enroll for Aadhaar due to non-availability of enrolment centres in the near vicinity such as in the Block or Taluka or Tehsil, the Ministry through its Implementing Agencies and Designated Agencies is required to create Aadhaar enrolment facilities at convenient locations, and the beneficiaries may be requested to register their requests for Aadhaar enrolment by giving their names, addresses, mobile numbers and other details as specified in the first proviso to sub-paragraph (3) of paragraph 1, with the concerned official of the Ministry or the Implementing Agency or the Designated Agency or through the web portal provided for the purpose.
3. This notification shall come into effect from the date of its publication in the Official Gazette in all States and Union Territories except the States of Assam, Meghalaya and the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
SUKHBIR SINGH SANDHU, Jt. Secy.