IBBI Medical Facility to Chairperson & Whole-time Members Scheme 2019
MINISTRY OF CORPORATE AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 8th February, 2019
G.S.R. 114(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (zd) of sub-section (2) of section 239 read with sub-section (5) of section 189 of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (31 of 2016) and rule 17 of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Salary, Allowances and other Terms and Conditions of Service of Chairperson and Members) Rules, 2016, the Central Government hereby makes the following Health Scheme, namely: —
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) This may be called the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (Medical Facility to Chairperson and Whole-time Members) Scheme, 2019.
(2) This shall come into force on the date of its publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Definitions:—In this scheme, unless the context otherwise requires,—
(a) “Code” means the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (31 of 2016)
(b) family mean,—
(iii) dependant parents (female employee can have either her parents or her parents-in-law as dependents);
(iv) dependant sisters, widowed sisters, widowed daughters, minor brothers and minor sisters;
(v) dependant children and step-children normally residing with the employee (son up to the age of twenty-five years or till his marriage, whichever is earlier, and daughter till she gets married;
(vi) dependant divorced or separated daughters (including their minor children) and step-mother;
(c) “Group Health Insurance policy” means health insurance policy as being purchased by Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India for their employees.
Explanation:– For the purposes of this clause, it is hereby clarified that, except for spouse, the family members must be dependent of the employee;
(d) words and expressions used in these rules but not defined, and defined in the Code/CGHS and shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in the Code/CGHS.
3. Outdoor treatment; The Chairperson and the whole-time members shall be entitled to reimbursement of expenses incurred on outdoor medical treatment, including medicines, tests, procedures, dentures and spectacles, for self and family members, as per actuals subject to maximum expenditure upto fifty thousand rupees annually if claim is supported by prescription of a registered medical practitioner or Government hospitals or private hospitals registered under the law.
4. Indoor treatment.—(1) The Chairperson and the whole-time members shall be covered under a Group Mediclaim Policy with an annual cover up to seven lakh and fifty thousand rupees for self and family subject to the condition that treatment has been taken as per the terms and conditions of the Group Mediclaim Policy.
(2) The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India will bear the expenditure towards premium for coverage under a family floater Group Mediclaim Policy.
5. Monthly Subscriptions.—(1) The monthly subscription payable by the Chairperson and the whole-time members shall be at the rate of one thousand rupees per month.
(2) The subscription once paid shall not be refundable.
(3) The monthly subscription so received shall be utilised for payment towards purchase of Group Mediclaim Policy, referred to in rule 4, for the Chairperson and the whole-time members and other related expenses on treatment.
6. In case the beneficiary of this scheme is also the beneficiary of CGHS/other health scheme, the beneficiary has to exercise option for availing of any one scheme.
[F. No. 30/3/2016-Insolvency]
GYANESHWAR KUMAR SINGH, Jt. Secy