COVID-19 vaccination of non employees is eligible CSR fund spending – MCA Circular
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) had earlier clarified that spending of CSR funds for COVID-19 is an eligible CSR activity.
In continuation to the said circular, MCA has now issued Circular 13/2021 dated 30th July 2021 to further clarify eligibility of CSR fund spending on COVID-19 vaccination.
It has been clarified that COVID-19 vaccination is eligible CSR fund spending if made for persons other than the employees and their families.
Such spending shall be an eligible CSR activity under item no. (i) of Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 relating to promotion of health care including preventive health care and item no. (xii) relating to disaster management.
The companies may undertake the aforesaid activity subject to fulfillment of Companies (CSR Policy) Rules, 2014 and the circulars related to CSR issued by this Ministry from time to time.
- NO TDS u/s 194A to Scheduled Tribes by scheduled banks located in in NE States & Ladakh Region
- CBDT notifies two sovereign wealth funds u/s 10(23FE)
- CBDT extends due date for linking of Aadhaar and PAN. Timelines for penalty extended
- Time limit to generate UDIN extended to 60 days from 15 days
- Recommendations of 45th GST Council Meeting. Highlights of Decisions taken