MCA issues Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
The MCA has issued Frequently Asked Questions FAQs on Corporate Social Responsibility CSR. The broad provisions related to CSR are threefold and have been provided in Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 , Schedule VII and Companies (CSR Policy) Rules, 2014.
The MCA had also issued clarifications including FAQs from time to time on various issues concerning CSR.
In view of the changes/amendments, in suppression of clarifications and FAQs issued vide General Circular no. 21/2014 dated 18thJune 2014, Circular No. 36/2014 dated 17th September 2014, Circular No. 01/2016 dated 12th January 2016 , Circular No. 05/2016 dated 16th May 2016, clarification issued vide letter dated 25.01.2018 and General Circular no. 06/2018 dated 28th May 2018.
MCA has issued a set of FAQs for better understanding and facilitating effective implementation of CSR. The FAQs on CSR covers the following broad headings:
1. Applicability of CSR
2. CSR Framework
3. CSR Expenditure
4. CSR Activities
5. CSR Implementation
6. Ongoing Project
7. Treatment of Unspent CSR Amount
8. CSR Enforcement
9. Impact Assessment
10. CSR Reporting& Disclosure
Download MCA FAQs on CSR Click Here >>
- NO TDS u/s 194A to Scheduled Tribes by scheduled banks located in in NE States & Ladakh Region
- CBDT notifies two sovereign wealth funds u/s 10(23FE)
- CBDT extends due date for linking of Aadhaar and PAN. Timelines for penalty extended
- Time limit to generate UDIN extended to 60 days from 15 days
- Recommendations of 45th GST Council Meeting. Highlights of Decisions taken