MCA issues Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
The MCA has issued Frequently Asked Questions FAQs on Corporate Social Responsibility CSR. The broad provisions related to CSR are threefold and have been provided in Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 , Schedule VII and Companies (CSR Policy) Rules, 2014.
The MCA had also issued clarifications including FAQs from time to time on various issues concerning CSR.
In view of the changes/amendments, in suppression of clarifications and FAQs issued vide General Circular no. 21/2014 dated 18thJune 2014, Circular No. 36/2014 dated 17th September 2014, Circular No. 01/2016 dated 12th January 2016 , Circular No. 05/2016 dated 16th May 2016, clarification issued vide letter dated 25.01.2018 and General Circular no. 06/2018 dated 28th May 2018.
MCA has issued a set of FAQs for better understanding and facilitating effective implementation of CSR. The FAQs on CSR covers the following broad headings:
1. Applicability of CSR
2. CSR Framework
3. CSR Expenditure
4. CSR Activities
5. CSR Implementation
6. Ongoing Project
7. Treatment of Unspent CSR Amount
8. CSR Enforcement
9. Impact Assessment
10. CSR Reporting& Disclosure
Download MCA FAQs on CSR Click Here >>
- CBDT prescribes conditions for Covid-19 related relief to employees & Transfer of Properties
- Introducing Single Click Nil Filing of GSTR-1
- GST on liquidated damages, compensation and penalty out of breach of contract
- Clarification on GST rates & classification of goods as per GST Council 47th meeting
- CBIC Clarifications on applicable GST rates & exemptions on certain services