Mediators-conciliators empanelment application for the year 2017-18-Regional Director MCA Gujarat. Last date for applying is 15-03-2017
Government of India
Ministry of Corporate Affairs
Office of the Regional Director, North-Western Region
“ROC BHAVAN”, Opp. Rupal Park, Nr. Ankur Bus Stand
Naranpura, Ahmedabad, Gujarat- 380013
NOTICE FOR INVITING APPLICATIONS FOR EMPANELLING EXPERTS AS MEDIATORS OR CONCILIATORS FOR YEAR 2017-18
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has empowered the Regional Director( s) to prepare and maintain /update the Mediation and Conciliation Panel of eligible experts in pursuance of Rule 3 (1) of Section 442 of the Companies Act, 2013 who are willing to be appointed as mediator and conciliator in this Region.
2. In pursuance of the above, Regional Director, North Western Region, Ahmedabad, Gujarat invites applications from willing and eligible persons to be selected and included in the panel of experts as “Mediator and Conciliator” who may provide relevant services to parties as may be allowed by the Central Government or Tribunal (Company Law Tribunal or Appellate Tribunal) under the Companies (Mediation and Conciliation) Rules,
3. The Panel shall be placed on the website by MCA (www.mca.gov.in) until any other website is notified as prescribed under Rule 3(1) of the Companies (Mediation and Conciliation) Rules, 2016 (M & C Rules). Copy of the said Rules are available on the website (www.mca.gov.in).
4. The experts willing to be empanelled as Mediators or Conciliators must possess the following qualifications:
- Has been a Judge of the Supreme Court of India; or
- has been a judge of a High Court; or
- has been a District and Session Judge; or
- has been a Member or Registrar of a Tribunal constituted at the National level under any law for time being in force; or
- has been an officer in the Indian Corporate Laws Service or Indian Legal Service with fifteen years’ experience; or
- is a qualified legal practitioner for not less than ten years; or
- is or has been a professional for at least fifteen years of continu_es practice as Chartered Accountant or Cost Accountant or Company Secretary ;or
- has been a Member or President of any State Consumer Forum; or
- is an expert in mediation on conciliation who has successfully undergone training in mediation or conciliation.
5. The eligible Applicants possessing requisite qualifications may apply for the Selection as experts for empanelment as Mediators or Conciliators to the Regional Director, North Western Region, The applicant must be a citizen of India. All applications may be filed online and/ or in the physical form on or before 15th March, 2017 failing which they will not be considered as eligible applicants. The application form shall be in Form No. MDC-1 annexed to the Companies (Mediation or Conciliation) Rules, 2016 (Copy enclosed and marked as Annexure-A)
6. The application may be forwarded in soft copy and/ or Physical/ Hard copy on the abovementioned address or at e-mail ID of the Regional Director (email@example.com ).
Applicants may provide their e-mail ID and mobile number in the online application and/ or in the physical application. The last date for receiving applicants is 15th March, 2017.
(J. K. Jolly)
North Western Region, Ahmedabad