PNB online applications for Concurrent Auditors empanelment from CA Firm with minimum 3 partners/2 FCA Last Date to apply is 28.10.2019
PNB Online Empanelment of CA Firms for Concurrent Audit
(1) Punjab National Bank invites applications, ON- LINE only from practicing ‘Partnership firms of Chartered Accountants in India’ who fulfill eligibility criteria as mentioned hereunder and are willing to have their Firms empanelled as Concurrent Auditors in the Bank for conducting concurrent audit of branches.
(2) The application is to be submitted ON-LINE only through internet at the following address:
Best view in IE 9.0 and above version and latest version of google chrome
(3) Those CA firms which are under Concurrent Audit Assignment need not apply again. HOWEVER ALREADY EMPANELLED CA FIRMS BUT PRESENTLY NOT UNDER ANY CONCURRENT AUDIT ASSIGNMENT NEED TO APPLY AFRESH. Only after fresh empanelment, they will be eligible for Concurrent Audit Assignment in the bank.
(4) The “Eligibility Criteria” for empanelment for CA Firms for Concurrent Audit in our bank is as under:
It should be a partnership firm of Chartered Accountants having 3 partners out of which two should be FCAs. The CA Firms having their Headquarter in Metros (i.e. Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Bengaluru) should have concurrent audit experience of minimum five years in a Scheduled Commercial Bank. However, the CA Firms having their Headquarter at other centres, should have concurrent audit experience of minimum three years in a Scheduled Commercial Bank. The empanelled CA Firms having experience of minimum three years of concurrent audit, will be assigned concurrent audit of branches located at centres other than metros.
CA Firms applying for empanelment must attach with online applicationin pdf format, the Copy of partnership deed and copy of registration certificate issued by the ICAI certifying the constitution of the Firm, their branches & date from which it is continuing as a Partnership Firm (latest).
Experience Certificates of Partnership CA Firm in the Scheduled Commercial Bank as Concurrent Auditor be also attached, in absence of which application will not be accepted.
The firm should be in the RBI panel as per gradation suggested for Branch Statutory Auditor appointment.
The firm should have necessary office set up and adequate personnel to ensure proper deployment and timely completion of the assignments.
(a) CA firms which carry Statutory Audit Assignments for a year will not be considered for internal audit assignment during that year and the next year. These instructions would even apply to firms of which a partner or proprietor is engaged or to be engaged in internal assignment of the bank.
(b) Associate concerns of CA Firms should not have conducted Statutory Audit of our Bank or its subsidiary / sister concern during the preceding year.
(c) An audit firm in which a partner is also a partner / proprietor of firm entrusted with Statutory Audit (central or branch) of the Bank is not eligible for appointment as concurrent auditor.
(d) A CA Firm on Bank’s panel for concurrent audit will not be eligible to be considered for any other panel of HO: IAD and vice versa, viz. Panel of Revenue Auditors.
All other terms and conditions for empanelment of CA firm as concurrent auditor will be applicable as per approved policy of the bank subject to change from time to time.
(5) The tenure of CA Firm would be initially for one year and extendable for a further period of one year (maximum twice), i.e. a CA Firm may have a tenure of maximum three years or till the completion of last quarterly audit assignment, whichever is later, based on “Satisfactory Performance‟ of the auditor in every year, followed by a cooling period of minimum one year. At the sole discretion of the Bank, Concurrent Audit assignment of CA Firm may be terminated even before expiry of the term of assignment by giving one month notice in advance.
(6) The firm not to sub-contract the audit work assigned to any outside firm or other persons even though such persons are qualified chartered accountants.
(7) Empanelled CA firms will carry out their assignments in a professional manner and “Code of Ethics for Chartered Accountants” by ICAI shall be strictly observed by them. The Firm will be immediately debarred if found indulged in other activities, Financial/Intermediary activities with the Bank during their period of Audit assignment.
(8) Mere submission of application does not, in any way, constitute guarantee for allotment of the audit job of any nature from the bank. The allocation of branches to the auditors will purely be the prerogative of the Bank.
(9) ‘In complete Application’ or Application Without Requisite Enclosures’ will not be entertained.
(10) If empanelled, the detailed terms & conditions of offer including fee and other expenses payable will be intimated at the time of allotment of audit work.
(11) The last date for receipt of online application is 28.10.2019 after which the link will be disabled.
- Amendments to Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules 2014
- CBDT notifies modified return of income to be furnished by a successor entity u/s 170A
- MCA increase capital and turnover threshold for small companies
- CBDT issues Additional Guidelines on applicability of TDS u/s 194R – CBDT Circular
- When appeal is pending before CIT(A), revision jurisdiction u/s 263 can not be exercised