Implementation of PGA eSANCHIT- 16 more PGAs with LPCOs introduced
Circular No 19/2019-Customs
Government of India
Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue
Central Board of Excise and Customs
Dated: 16th July, 2019
All Principal Chief Commissioners/Chief Commissioners of Customs, Customs & Central Taxes and Customs (Preventive).
All Principal Commissioners/Commissioners of Customs, Customs & Central Taxes and Customs (Preventive)
Madam I Sir,
Sub: Implementation of PGA eSANCHIT- Paperless Processing under SWIFT Uploading of Licenses/Permits/Certificates/ Other Authorizations (LPCOs) by PGAs- reg.
‘eSANCHIT’ application is successfully in operation since 01.04.2018. with the objective of further reducing physical interface between Customs/regulatory agencies and the trade and to increase the speed of clearance in both imports & exports, a facility to upload digitally signed Licenses/Permits/Certificates/Other Authorizations (LPCOs) by Participating Government Agencies (PGAs) on eSANCHIT at all ICES locations across India was introduced from 16.11.2018 vide Circular No. 44/2018-Cus. dated 13.11.2018. In this regard, kindly refer to Board’s Circular No. 13/2019-Cus. dated 03.06.2019 also. Already 27 PGAs have been enabled for uploading their LPCOs on eSANCHIT.
2. Now, 16 more PGAs with their LPCOs as detailed in the Annexure-1 are being brought onboard eSANCHIT With this, the total number of PGAs brought on Board becomes 43 as on date. Further, the Council of Leather Export which is already onboard shall also start uploading their remaining LPCO namely Certificate of Import Clearance for Textile and Textile Articles.
3. Since the facility to upload the LPCOs is now being fully made available to these 16 new PGAs, therefore, the beneficiaries i.e. importer/exporters/ customs brokers would not be allowed to upload the previously issued LPCOs on eSANCHIT w.e.f. 01/08/2019. Further, to facilitate the members of the trade (beneficiaries), the PGAs are required to upload the LPCOs issued by them during the last 15 days from above cut-off date. Any LPCOs issued on a prior date may also be uploaded by the PGAs on eSANCHIT, in order to enable the beneficiary to utilize the same.
4. It is reiterated that the PGAs will be communicating with the beneficiaries through the email addresses registered in the ICEGA TE. Board had also introduced simplified auto registration process in ICEGA TE based on email ids already provided by them for registration under GST without the use of digital signatures for limited purposes of eSANCHIT (communication and viewing) and the IRNs will be communicated to such email In this regard , kindly refer to Board ‘s Circular No 14/2019 -Cus. dated 03.06.2019. Since the facility of beneficiary uploading these documents through eSANCHIT will be deactivated from 01.08 .2019, beneficiary registration is of utmost importance. Hence, all the formations are requested to reach out to the beneficiaries to ensure that correct email addresses are reflected in the ICEGATE. Special efforts may be taken for wide publicity in this regard.
5. All Chief Commissioners of Customs are requested to issue public notices. Feedback and queries, if any, may be sent by email to email@example.com.
6. Any difficulties , in this regard , may be brought to the notice of the Board.
OSD (Cus IV)
Download Circular Click Here >>
- The Taxation and Other Laws (Relaxation & Amendment of Certain Provisions) Bill 2020
- CBIC instructions for recovery of interest on net cash tax liability under GST
- Bill of Entry Forms I, II & III amended. Bill of Entry (Forms) (Amendment) Regulations 2020
- Notice u/s 148 was valid as assessee was non-filer & failed to respond to preliminary enquiry
- Guidelines-Income Tax compulsory selection of returns for Complete Scrutiny during FY 2020-21