Extension of validity of AEO certification expired/expiring between 01.03.2020 and 30.09.2020 to 30.09.2020 for ease of renewal process
Circular No. 31/2020- Customs
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
Directorate of International Customs
New Delhi, June 2, 2020
All Pr. Chief Commissioner/ Chief Commissioner of Customs/Central Tax,
All Principal Director Generals/Director Generals of Directorate General
All Pr. Commissioner/ Commissioner of Customs/ Central Tax,
All Pr. ADG/ ADG of Directorates.
Subject:- Extension of validity of AEO certification for ease of renewal process (Modification in Circular No. 27/2020 dated 02.06.2020) – reg.
1. Reference is drawn to Para 5.1 Circular No. 33/2016-Customs dated 22.07.2016 amended vide Para viii of Circular 03/2018-Customs dated 17.01.2018, which relates to “Validity of AEO Certificate” and reads as-
“The validity of AEO certificate shall be three years for AEO- T1 and AEO- T2, and five years for AEO-T3 and AEO-LO”
2. Representations have been received by the field formations regarding the difficulties being faced by the AEO entities in renewing their existing certifications owing to the national lockdown. References for extension has also been received from few entities as well.
3. Accordingly, the Board has decided to extend the validity of all the AEO certificates expired/expiring between 01.03.2020 and 30.09.2020 to 30.09.2020. except for those entities against which a negative report is received during this period. Accordingly, Circular No. 27/2020 dated 02.06.2020 stands modified as above.
4. Wide publicity may be given to this Circular by way of issuance of Trade/Public Notice. Difficulties, if any, in the implementation of this Circular may be brought to the notice of this office.
Joint Commissioner (DIC)
Download Circular Click Here >>
- Govt. designates 3 Special Courts in Maharashtra for trial under Income-tax Act
- Revised procedure-Import clearance of pets/live animals including cats & dogs
- Trustees of Mutual Funds to appoint dedicated officer for administrative assistance
- No Penalty u/s 271AAB unless undisclosed income found from seized material
- Penalty u/s 271(1)(c) upheld despite notice without specifying applicable charge