Housing financial companies notified under SARFAESI Act as financial institutions if registered with NHB & assets worth of at least 100 crores
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Financial Services)
New Delhi, the 17th June, 2021
S.O.2405(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-clause (iv) of clause (m) of sub-section (1) of section 2 of the Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002 (54 of 2002), and in supersession of the notifications of the Government of India, Ministry of Finance numbers S.O.1282 (E), dated the 10th November, 2003, S.O. 1083 (E) dated 16th March, 2006, S.O. 2757 dated 19th September, 2007, S.O. 1516(E) dated 23rd June, 2010, S.O. 3466 (E) dated 18th December, 2015, and S.O.404(E) dated 22nd January, 2018, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Central Government hereby specifies such housing financial companies registered under sub-section (5) of section 29A of the National Housing Bank Act, 1987 (53 of 1987), having assets worth rupees one hundred crore and above, as financial institutions for the purposes of the said Act.
[F. No. 31/48/2018 -DRT]
VANDITA KAUL, Addl. Secy.
- Bank deposit insurance to be paid in around 90 days – DICGC Bill 2021
- New functionality on Annual Aggregate Turnover (AATO) deployed on GST Portal
- Income-tax (20th Amendment) Rules 2021
- Data retrieved from Pen-drive & admission not substantive evidentiary value to make additions
- Deferred ICAI Code of Ethics 2019 to be applicable from 1st April 2022