News on no free services by banks from 20th January is fake-Finance Ministry
According to news in circulation in social media, from 20th January, 2018 Banking Regulations are going to change resulting in discontinuance of various free services. The viral news created a confusion in the public
The fake news attempts to create a panic by spreading rumor that from 20th January, 2018, the following changes are applicable:
- Rs. 25 fee for internet mobile banking
- Maximum withdrawal by self cheques is limited to Rs. 50000/- after which bank shall charge fee @ Rs. 10/- per thousand
- Deposits in CA/CC/OD account exceeding Rs. 25000/- a day will be charged Rs. 2.50 per thousand.
- Deposits in Savings account exceeding Rs. 50000/- a day will be charged Rs. 2.50 per thousand.
- Rs. 10/- fee for PINs and Passwords
However Secretary, Department of Financial Services (DFS), MoF has clarified that there is no proposal by Banks to discontinue free services from 20th January and such news in circulation is pure Rumors.
Indian Banking Association has issued a clarification that reports in some segment of social media about ceasing of all free services wef 20th January, 2018 are baseless and are based on misinformed communication and there is no such move is contemplated for blanket removal of free services.
However IBA has clarified that in view of the commercial and operational costs, banks would constantly examine and revise charges as the case may be.
----------- Similar Posts: -----------