GSTN Advisory for Taxpayers regarding Blocking of E-Way Bill (EWB) generation facility resume after 15th August, 2021.
Blocking of E-Way Bill (EWB) generation facility resume after 15th August, 2021
1. As you might be aware that the facility of blocking E way bill generation had been temporarily suspended due to pandemic, in terms of Rule 138E(a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017, the E Way Bill generation facility of a person is liable to be restricted, in case the person fails to file their return in Form GSTR-3B / statement in CMP-08, for a consecutive period of two months / Quarters or more.
2. The government has now decided to resume the blocking of EWB generation facility on the EWB portal, for all the taxpayers in terms of Rule 138 E (a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017, from 15th August onwards.
3. Thus, after 15th August 2021, the System will check the status of returns filed in Form GSTR-3B or the statements filed in Form GST CMP-08, and restrict the generation of EWB in case of:
- Non filing of two or more returns in Form GSTR-3B for the months up to June, 2021 and
- Non filing of 02 or more statements in Form GST CMP-08 for the quarters up to April to June, 2021
4. To avail continuous EWB generation facility on EWB Portal, you are therefore advised to file your pending GSTR 3B returns/ CMP-08 Statement immediately.
5. For details of blocking and unblocking EWB Click on below links
- SEBI warns Investment Advisers dealing in unregulated products
- Multipurpose Empanelment Form (MEF) for year 2021-22 available at meficai.org
- ICSI prescribes Due Diligence Report for Format for Listed Entities
- CBDT prescribes Form/manner of furnishing undertaking u/s 119 of Finance Act 2012
- Registration of Assignment of Receivables (Amendment) Rules 2021