GSTN Advisory for Taxpayers regarding Blocking of E-Way Bill (EWB) generation facility resume after 15th August, 2021.
Blocking of E-Way Bill (EWB) generation facility resume after 15th August, 2021
1. As you might be aware that the facility of blocking E way bill generation had been temporarily suspended due to pandemic, in terms of Rule 138E(a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017, the E Way Bill generation facility of a person is liable to be restricted, in case the person fails to file their return in Form GSTR-3B / statement in CMP-08, for a consecutive period of two months / Quarters or more.
2. The government has now decided to resume the blocking of EWB generation facility on the EWB portal, for all the taxpayers in terms of Rule 138 E (a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017, from 15th August onwards.
3. Thus, after 15th August 2021, the System will check the status of returns filed in Form GSTR-3B or the statements filed in Form GST CMP-08, and restrict the generation of EWB in case of:
- Non filing of two or more returns in Form GSTR-3B for the months up to June, 2021 and
- Non filing of 02 or more statements in Form GST CMP-08 for the quarters up to April to June, 2021
4. To avail continuous EWB generation facility on EWB Portal, you are therefore advised to file your pending GSTR 3B returns/ CMP-08 Statement immediately.
5. For details of blocking and unblocking EWB Click on below links
- CBDT exempts income of Punjab Nurses Registration Council u/s 10(46)
- Temporary Pause in e-Invoice Auto Population into GSTR-1 – GSTN Advisory
- In revision proceedings CIT cannot go beyond reasons given in SCN u/s 263 – SC dismisses SLP
- No penalty u/s 271F as due to mistake of DDO wrong PAN was mentioned in 26AS
- Benefit of concessional rate of tax u/s 115BAA – Assessee has to file Form No. 10IC once only