CBI arrested GST Official and middleman asking bribe and monthly payment. Read Conversation secretly recorded
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has arrested a private person, resident of Delhi and a Goods & Services Tax Officer (Gopal Krishna Madhav) in Trade & Taxes Department, Government of NCT Delhi in a bribery case.
It was alleged by the complainant that he had a business of transportation. His two vehicles were impounded at Delhi by the GST Officials. However he was contacted by the said private person asking for heavy bribe and also for making arrangement so that vehicles of the complainant will not be impounded against a MONTHLY (bribe) for GST Officials.
Thus the said private person was acting as a middleman on behalf of some GST officers for collecting illegal gratification from transporters for not charging Goods and Services Tax from them. Searches were conducted at the official and residential premises of both the accused.
However the following conversation between the Transporter, his employee (Rajkumar) and the suspected private person was secretly recorded by the CBI:
The both private person and GST Officer has been arrested.
- Non striking of applicable limb of penalty in notice-SC dismisses SLP of Income Tax Department
- Waiver of penalty for non compliance of capturing dynamic QR code in GST Invoice
- Standard Operating Procedure for verification of taxpayers granted deemed GST registration
- Income Tax prosecution proceedings to be clubbed for different complaints on same material, evidence
- Govt. constitutes advisory board u/s 8 of COFEPOSA for proceedings related to detention orders