CBI arrested GST Official and middleman asking bribe and monthly payment. Read Conversation secretly recorded
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has arrested a private person, resident of Delhi and a Goods & Services Tax Officer (Gopal Krishna Madhav) in Trade & Taxes Department, Government of NCT Delhi in a bribery case.
It was alleged by the complainant that he had a business of transportation. His two vehicles were impounded at Delhi by the GST Officials. However he was contacted by the said private person asking for heavy bribe and also for making arrangement so that vehicles of the complainant will not be impounded against a MONTHLY (bribe) for GST Officials.
Thus the said private person was acting as a middleman on behalf of some GST officers for collecting illegal gratification from transporters for not charging Goods and Services Tax from them. Searches were conducted at the official and residential premises of both the accused.
However the following conversation between the Transporter, his employee (Rajkumar) and the suspected private person was secretly recorded by the CBI:
The both private person and GST Officer has been arrested.
- Complainant using ICSI to recover alleged dues only a serious matter, need to be looked into
- ICAI signs MoU with IIM Jammu. Executive training programs exclusively for CAs
- Assessment u/s 153A has to be on the basis of seized material. It can’t be arbitrary/without nexus
- CIT should make detailed enquiry at revision stage if he wants to take different view
- e-Assessment proceedings can lead to erroneous results without personal hearing