(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF INDIRECT TAXES AND CUSTOMS)
Notification No. 84/2020–Central Tax
G.S.R. 700(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by proviso to sub-section (1) of section 39 read with proviso to sub-section (7) of section 39 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (12 of 2017) (hereafter in this notification referred to as the said Act), the Government, on the recommendations of the Council, hereby notifies the registered persons, other than a person referred to in section 14 of the Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (13 of 2017), having an aggregate turnover of up to five crore rupees in the preceding financial year, and who have opted to furnish a return for every quarter, under sub-rule (1) of rule 61A of the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017 (hereafter in this notification referred to as the said rules) as the class of persons who shall, subject to the following conditions and restrictions, furnish a return for every quarter from January, 2021 onwards, and pay the tax due every month in accordance with the proviso to sub-section (7) of section 39 of the said Act, namely:
(i) the return for the preceding month, as due on the date of exercising such option, has been furnished:
(ii) where such option has been exercised once, they shall continue to furnish the return as per the selected option for future tax periods, unless they revise the same.
(2) A registered person whose aggregate turnover crosses five crore rupees during a quarter in a financial year shall not be eligible for furnishing of return on quarterly basis from the first month of the succeeding quarter.
(3) For the registered person falling in the class specified in column (2) of the Table below, who have furnished the return for the tax period October, 2020 on or before 30th November, 2020, it shall be deemed that they have opted under sub-rule (1) of rule 61A of the said rules for the monthly or quarterly furnishing of return as mentioned in column (3) of the said Table:-
|SL No.||Class of registered person||Deemed Option|
|1.||Registered persons having aggregate turnover of up to 1.5 crore rupees, who have furnished FORM GSTR-1 on quarterly basis in the current financial year||Quarterly return|
|2.||Registered persons having aggregate turnover of up to 1.5 crore rupees, who have furnished FORM GSTR-1 on monthly basis in the current financial year||Monthly return|
|3.||Registered persons having aggregate turnover more than 1.5 crore rupees and up to 5 crore rupees in the preceding financial year||Quarterly return|
(4) The registered persons referred to in column (2) of the said Table, may change the default option electronically, on the common portal, during the period from the 5th day of December, 2020 to the 318t day of January, 2021.
[F. No. CBEC-20/06/04/2020-GST]
PRAMOD KUMAR, Director
Download Notification Click Here >>
- MCA notifies effective dates for certain sections of Companies Amendment Act 2020 and 2019
- Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Amendment Rules 2021
- Penalty cases not covered under Faceless Penalty Scheme 2021 – CBDT Order u/s 119
- Fund Managers remuneration provisions u/s 9A(3)(m) relaxed by CBDT for FY 2019-20 and 2020-21
- Expenditure on replacement of machinery with new machinery constitutes capital expenditure