Due date for furnishing GST Annual Return GSTR-9, 9A & Reconciliation Statement GSTR-9C extended to 30.11.2019
[To be published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Subsection (ii)]
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
(Department of Revenue)
Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
Order No. 7/2019-Central Tax
New Delhi, the 26th August, 2019
S.O.(E).––WHEREAS, sub-section (1) of section 44 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (12 of 2017) (hereafter in this Order referred to as the said Act) provides that every registered person, other than an Input Service Distributor, a person paying tax under section 51 or section 52, a casual taxable person and a non-resident taxable person, shall furnish an annual return for every financial year electronically in such form and manner as may be prescribed on or before the thirty-first day of December following the end of such financial year;
AND WHEREAS, for the purpose of furnishing of the annual return electronically for every financial year as referred to in sub-section (1) of section 44 of the said Act, certain technical problems are being faced by the taxpayers as a result whereof, the said annual return for the period from the 1st July, 2017 to the 31st March, 2018 could not be furnished by the registered persons, as referred to in the said sub-section (1) and because of that, certain difficulties have arisen in giving effect to the provisions of the said section.
NOW, THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 172 of the
Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017, the Central Government, on recommendations of the Council, hereby makes the following Order, to remove the difficulties, namely:––
1. Short title.––This Order may be called the Central Goods and Services Tax (Sixth Removal of Difficulties) Order, 2019.
2. In section 44 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017, in the Explanation, for the figures, letters and word “31st August, 2019”, the figures, letters and word “30th November, 2019” shall be substituted.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Due date for furnishing GST Annual Return extended to 30.11.2019
Download Order Click Here >>
- Carrying original vehicle papers not must if kept in DigiLocker or mParivahan app
- Last date extended for submission of ICAI online MEF Application Form for 2019-20 to 30.09.2019
- The Taxation Laws (Amendment) Ordinance 2019. List of Amendments in income-tax act & Finance Act
- Corporate tax rates slashed to 22% for domestic cos & 15% for new domestic manufacturing cos
- RBI revised guidelines for concurrent audit of banks. Accountability to be fixed in serious omission/ commission