E-way Bill system-Objectives and benefits. Features of e-way bill portal and modes of generation of e-way Bill
A nationwide E-way Bill System will be rolled out on trial basis from tomorrow i.e. 16th January, 2018. Avail the opportunity to get used to the system before it becomes compulsory.
E-WAYBILL will come Into effect from 01.02.2018 for inter-State movement of goods. The e-way bill is required where movement of goods valued at Rs. 50000/- or above is involved.
Objectives of e-way Bill
- Single e-way Bill for hassle-free
- No need for separate transit pass in each State for movement of goods
- Shift from departmental-policing Model to self-declaration Model for movement of goods
Benefits of e-way Bill
- Taxpayers/transporters need not visit any tax officers/checkposts for generation of e-way Bill/movement of goods across States.
- No waiting time at checkposts and faster movement of goods thereby optimum use of vehicles/resources, since there are no checkposts in GST regime.
- User-friendly e-way Bill system
- Easy and quick generation of e-way Bill
- Checks and balances for smooth tax administration and process simplification for easier Verification of e-way Bill by Tax Officers.
Features of the e-way Bill Portal
- User can create masters of his Customers, Suppliers & Products for easy generation of e-way Bill.
- User can monitor e-way Bills generated on his account/behalf
- Multiple modes for e-way Bill generation for ease of use.
- User can create sub-users and Roles on portal for generation of e-way Bill.
- Alerts will be sent to users via mail and SMS on registered mail id/mobile number.
- Vehicle number can be entered either by the supplier/recipient of goods who generates EWB or the transporter.
- QR code will be printed on each e-way Bill for ease of seeing details.
- Consolidated e-way Bill can be generated for vehicle carrying multiple consignments.
Modes of generation of e-way Bill
- Web-Online using browser on laptopor desktop or phone etc.
- Android based Mobile App on mobile phones.
- Via SMS through registered Mobile Number.
- Via API (Application Program Interface) i.e. integration of IT system of user with e-way Bill system for generation of e-way Bill.
- Tool-based bulk generation of e-wayBills.
- Third party based system of Suvidha Providers
----------- Similar Posts: -----------