Advisory on facility of ‘Initiating Drop Proceedings’ of Suspended GSTINs due to Non-filing of Returns
Recently, a functionality of “Automated Drop Proceedings” of GSTINs suspended due to non-filing of returns has been implemented on the GST Portal. This functionality is available for the taxpayers who have filed their pending returns i.e. 6 monthly or 2 Quarterly returns.
1. If such taxpayers have filed all their pending returns, the system will automatically drop the proceedings and revoke suspension.
2. If the status of the GSTIN does not automatically turn ‘ACTIVE’, then taxpayers are advised to revoke the suspension once the due returns have been filed, by clicking on ‘Initiate Drop Proceeding’ for which navigation is as follows:
“Log on to GST Portal > Services > User Services > View Notices and Orders > Initiate Drop Proceeding”
3. In case the system does not automatically drop the proceedings or taxpayer is unable to revoke the suspension by clicking on ‘Initiate Drop Proceeding’, then taxpayer is advised to contact Jurisdictional Officer.
Note: This functionality is applicable to the taxpayers whose GSTINs have been suspended after 1st December, 2022.
- Penalty u/s 271B deleted as assessee was unaware of Tax Audit Provision
- Provisional empanelment status of CA firms/LLPs with CAG for 2023-24
- e-Appeals Scheme 2023 notified. Procedure for disposal of appeals by JCIT(Appeals)
- A Reasonable limitation period applicable to Order u/s 206C for failure to deduct TCS
- Preparation & uploading fake ITR by Chartered Accountant. ITAT remands case