Taxpayer Guide-Avoid rejecting invoices prepared using offline tool while uploading GSTR-2. Excel template has to be used only for adding missing invoice
Avoid rejecting invoices prepared using offline tool while trying to upload GSTR-2-Taxpayer Guide
1. You may have used the offline tool available on the common portal to prepare and upload details of your invoices.
2. You may be experiencing rejection of your invoices while trying to upload GSTR-2 on the portal.
3. The main reason for the rejection is that you may be using the excel template to prepare and upload the details of invoices which are already available in your GSTR-2A and are auto populated your GSTR-2 from a submitted GSTR1.
4. Please note that the excel template provided has to be used only for adding missing invoice details, which have not been uploaded by the suppliers in their Form GSTR-1.
5. Auto-populated invoice details of GSTR-1 of the supplier have to be downloaded from the portal and then one of the action of Accept/Reject/Pending/Modifying has to be taken in the java offline tool by the receiver.
6. The JSON file should then generated in the offline tool and uploaded to the portal.