Step by step guideline for taxpayers to fill worksheets using GSTR 4 Offline Tool.
1. Download GSTR-4 Offline tool from the download tab on GST portal.
2. Ensure that the minimum system requirement of Windows 7 and MS Excel 2007 is met.
3. Extract the GSTR 4 Offline Tool. Open the GSTR-4 Offline Tool.xls file by double clicking on it.
4. Enter the required details in different worksheets of the Offline Tool.
5. Inward supplies from registered taxpayers and amendment tables are not required to be entered in the July to September quarter return and these worksheets are not provided in the Ver. I of the tool.
6. Enter the relevant details in each worksheet of the downloaded excel file as applicable (excel inward supplies from registered taxpayers and amendment table).
7. Validate the entered details by pressing the “Validate tab” on each worksheet.
8. In case certain details fail validation check they would be highlighted in red and an error message would also be visible in the column ‘Sheet Validation Error’
9. Validation error need to be corrected before upload. After each worksheet is successfully validated, click on ‘Get Summary’ to update the summary on Home tab.
10. If the summary is satisfactory and matches with your accounting records. To JSON file, click on “Generate JSON File to Upload” and prepare GSTR-4 offline to be uploaded on GST portal later.
11. Save the JSON file at an appropriate location----------- Similar Posts: -----------