ICAI has issued a clarification on Statutory Auditor of a Company giving feedback to Credit Rating Agencies about Auditee Client
CAs as Statutory auditor can not share client information with credit rating agencies without permission
The Institute stated that it has been receiving queries from the members as to whether Statutory Auditor of a Company can give feedback of the said Company to the Credit Rating Agencies (CRAs).
It has been clarified by the ICAI that under the provisions of Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 it is not permissible to members to share client information with the CRAs, except if permitted by the Auditee client.
The ICAI has advised members to ensure compliance with the guidelines and failure to comply with the same will result in professional misconduct in terms of the of the provisions of Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 and the Code of Ethics.
- MCA notifies effective dates for certain sections of Companies Amendment Act 2020 and 2019
- Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Amendment Rules 2021
- Penalty cases not covered under Faceless Penalty Scheme 2021 – CBDT Order u/s 119
- Fund Managers remuneration provisions u/s 9A(3)(m) relaxed by CBDT for FY 2019-20 and 2020-21
- Expenditure on replacement of machinery with new machinery constitutes capital expenditure