ICAI bans a CA for additional month and withdraws removal of another CA for alleged misconduct
ICAI had earlier removed the names of these chartered accountants from the Register of Members and had also imposed a fine with condition that in case of default in payment of fine within stipulated time, his name be removed for additional one month period.
Since these CAs had failed to pay the imposed fine within stipulated time, the Disciplinary Committee in terms of the Chartered Accountants (Procedure of Investigations of Professional and Other Misconduct and Conduct of Cases) Rules, 2007 and the Chartered Accountants Regulations 1988 has ordered their further removal as under:
|Name of CA
|Period of removal
|CA. Muthukumaran Jayaraman (Membership No. 207004) Virugambakkam, CHENNAI
|Consolidated period of Thirteen months (one year plus additional one month) with effect from 14th February, 2022
Further in the following cases, the Appellate Authority had set aside the Order of the Disciplinary Committee holding the CA not Guilty of any misconduct. As a result his removal has been restored:
|CA. Raj Seckhar M S (Membership No. 200772), Macheri Manor, Coimbatore
|order for removal of name is withdrawn
- Addition u/s 40A(3) deleted- CBDT can not impose new condition for grant of benefit
- GST Registration may take 30 days in some Aadhaar authentication cases – GSTN
- Assessee mislead by claiming Bad debts written off but made provisions in balance sheet.
- Prosecution u/s 276B quashed as delay in depositing TDS was due to staff maternity leave
- Penalty u/s 272B for non-quoting PAN deleted as notice u/s 274 did not specified default done