Aadhaar OTP based EVC of ITRs-Maximum 5 OTP requests for a single Aadhaar can be made within a span of 30 minutes.
Aadhar based OTP is one of the Electronic Verification options of verifying submission of the Income Tax Returns (ITRs). Other options for generating Electronic Verification Code (EVC) are through Net Banking, Bank account, demat account, ATM.
If no electronic verification is done one can still verify ITR by sending a signed copy of ITR-V Acknowledgement receipt to the department.
The Income Tax Department has issued an advisory on the limit on the use of Aadhaar based OTP for generating EVC for verification of ITRs.
It has been stated that as per new restrictions placed by UIDAI, a maximum of 5 OTP requests for a single Aadhaar can be made within a span of 30 minutes.
Taxpayers have been advised to give sufficient time before multiple submissions for Aadhaar OTP.
- MCA notifies effective dates for certain sections of Companies Amendment Act 2020 and 2019
- Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Amendment Rules 2021
- Penalty cases not covered under Faceless Penalty Scheme 2021 – CBDT Order u/s 119
- Fund Managers remuneration provisions u/s 9A(3)(m) relaxed by CBDT for FY 2019-20 and 2020-21
- Expenditure on replacement of machinery with new machinery constitutes capital expenditure