Approval u/s 80G for new cases to be effective from previous year in which application is made
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
Notification No. 34/2023
New Delhi, 30th May, 2023
G.S.R.399(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clauses (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) of the first proviso to sub-section (5) of section 80G and the third proviso to sub-section (5) of section 80G read with section 295 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Board of Direct Taxes hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Income-tax Rules, 1962, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement. ̶̶ (1) These rules may be called the Income-tax (7th Amendment) Rules, 2023.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Income-tax Rules, 1962, in rule 11AA, for sub-rule (7), the following sub-rule shall be substituted, namely:-
“(7) In case of an application made under clause (iv) of the first proviso to sub-section (5) of section 80G of the Act, the provisional approval shall be effective from the assessment year relevant to the previous year in which such application is made.”
[F. No. 370142/13/2023-TPL]
VIPUL AGARWAL, Director (Tax Policy and Legislation)
Note: The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part-II, Section-3, Sub-section (ii) vide number S.O. 969(E) dated 26th March,1962 and were last amended vide notification number G.S.R. 396 (E) dated 29th May, 2023.
- Depositing unutilized capital gain amount in a special account is only a procedural matter
- Onus can’t be put on assessee to prove that alleged cash transaction did not take place
- Reasons of reopening done must first survive to make addition on additional issues
- DGFT de-lists 29 agencies authorized to issue Certificates of Origin
- Geocoding functionality for additional place of business address activated on GSTN