DG/Secretary Competition Commission of India notified u/s 138 to disclose information to Income Tax Department
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
New Delhi, the 30th July, 2020
S.O. 2528(E).—In pursuance of sub-clause (ii) of clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 138 of the Income-tax Act, 1961, the Central Government hereby specifies Director General / Secretary, Competition Commission of India for the purpose of said clause.
2.It is clarified that income-tax authority, as specified in Notification No. S.O.No. 731(E) dated 28.07.2000, shall-
(i) furnish only relevant and precise information after forming an opinion that furnishing of such information is necessary so as to enable the above notified authority to perform its functions under the law being administered by it; and
(ii) convey to the authority being specified vide this notification to maintain absolute confidentiality in respect of information being furnished.
[F. No. 225/ 98/2019-ITA-II]
RAJARAJESWARI R., Under Secy.
- Presidential Medal for Specially Distinguished Record of Service to CBIC Staff on Republic Day 2021
- Procedure – Disposal of application for conversion of public company into private in case of objection
- MCA notifies effective dates for certain sections of Companies Amendment Act 2020 and 2019
- Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Amendment Rules 2021
- Penalty cases not covered under Faceless Penalty Scheme 2021 – CBDT Order u/s 119