DG/Secretary Competition Commission of India notified u/s 138 to disclose information to Income Tax Department
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
New Delhi, the 30th July, 2020
S.O. 2528(E).—In pursuance of sub-clause (ii) of clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 138 of the Income-tax Act, 1961, the Central Government hereby specifies Director General / Secretary, Competition Commission of India for the purpose of said clause.
2.It is clarified that income-tax authority, as specified in Notification No. S.O.No. 731(E) dated 28.07.2000, shall-
(i) furnish only relevant and precise information after forming an opinion that furnishing of such information is necessary so as to enable the above notified authority to perform its functions under the law being administered by it; and
(ii) convey to the authority being specified vide this notification to maintain absolute confidentiality in respect of information being furnished.
[F. No. 225/ 98/2019-ITA-II]
RAJARAJESWARI R., Under Secy.
- Govt. designates 3 Special Courts in Maharashtra for trial under Income-tax Act
- Revised procedure-Import clearance of pets/live animals including cats & dogs
- Trustees of Mutual Funds to appoint dedicated officer for administrative assistance
- No Penalty u/s 271AAB unless undisclosed income found from seized material
- Penalty u/s 271(1)(c) upheld despite notice without specifying applicable charge