Cost Inflation Index for FY 2021-22 notified by CBDT. Up-to-date Cost Inflation Index Table / chart from FY 2001-02 to FY 2021-22
What is Cost Inflation Index?
Cost Inflation index is used to calculate indexed cost of the asset for calculation of Long Term Capital Gains. Cost Inflation Index has been defined in section 48 of the Income Tax Act 1961 as the Index which the Central Government may notify from time to time having regard to seventy five percent of average risk in the Consumer Price Index.
What is Base Year for Cost Inflation Index?
From Assessment Year 2018-19, the base year of the CII has been raised to 2001 from 1981. Now, cost of acquisition of an asset acquired before 01.04.2001 is allowed to be taken as fair market value as on 1st April, 2001 and the cost of improvement shall include only those capital expenses which are incurred after 01.04.2001.
How to calculate Cost Inflation Index?
Income Tax Department hosts an online utility to display the Cost Inflation Index for the year of acquisition and year of sale.
CBDT notified 317 as cost inflation index for financial year 2021-22. Notification No. 73/2021
Read CBDT Notification Click Here >>
Up-to-date Cost Inflation Index Chart / Table
Up-to-date Cost Inflation Indexation Chart / Table from FY 2001-02 to FY 2021-22
|Sl. No.||Financial Year||Cost Inflation Index|
- Bank deposit insurance to be paid in around 90 days – DICGC Bill 2021
- New functionality on Annual Aggregate Turnover (AATO) deployed on GST Portal
- Income-tax (20th Amendment) Rules 2021
- Data retrieved from Pen-drive & admission not substantive evidentiary value to make additions
- Deferred ICAI Code of Ethics 2019 to be applicable from 1st April 2022