Credit of TDS u/s 194N shall be given to person from whose account tax is deducted for the financial year in which tax is deducted
Credit of TDS paid u/s 194N
THE GAZETTE OF INDIA : EXTRAORDINARY [PART II—SEC. 3(i)]
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
Notification No. 74
New Delhi, the 27th September, 2019
G.S.R. 694(E). In exercise of the powers conferred by section 199 read with section 295 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Board of Direct Taxes, hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Income-tax Rules, 1962, namely:—
1. Short title and commencement.-(1) These rules may be called the Income-tax (10th Amendment) Rules, 2019.
(2) They shall be deemed to have come into force with effect from the 1st day of September, 2019.
2. In the Income-tax Rules, 1962, in rule 37BA, after sub-rule (3), the following sub-rule shall be inserted, namely:-
“(3A) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-rule (1), sub-rule (2) or sub-rule (3), for the purposes of section 194N, credit for tax deducted at source shall be given to the person from whose account tax is deducted and paid to the Central Government account for the assessment year relevant to the previous year in which such tax deduction is made”
[F. No. 370142/18/2019-TPL]
Under Secy. (Tax Policy and Legislation Division)
Explanatory Memorandum : It is certified that no person is being adversely affected by giving retrospective effect to the present rules.
Note : The principal rules were published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Subsection (ii) vide notification number S.O. 969(E), dated the 26th March, 1962 and last amended vide notification number G.S.R. 679(E), dated 20.09.2019.
Download Notification Click Here >>
- Govt. designates 3 Special Courts in Maharashtra for trial under Income-tax Act
- Revised procedure-Import clearance of pets/live animals including cats & dogs
- Trustees of Mutual Funds to appoint dedicated officer for administrative assistance
- No Penalty u/s 271AAB unless undisclosed income found from seized material
- Penalty u/s 271(1)(c) upheld despite notice without specifying applicable charge