Facility to upload return u/s 119(2)(b) 92CD enabled for time barred delayed claim of exemption deduction or relief and modified return of income under APA
Section 119 of the Income Tax Act, 1961 related to Instructions to subordinate authorities provides measures for the purose of efficient management of the Revenue and give relief from undue hardship to the assessee.
Section 119(2)(b) provides that CBDT for avoiding genuine hardship authorise income tax authority to admit an belated application or claim for any deduction, exemption, refund or any other relief even after the expiry of the period specified under the Act for making such claim or application.
Section 92CD provides that irrespective of section 139, where any person has entered into an advance pricing agreement and before entering such agreement,has already furnished return of income for the year to which such agreement applies, the person shall furnish a modified return within three months.
The facility to upload return of income u/s 119(2)(b) and u/s 92CD is enabled in e-Filing portal. To avail this facility post login –> e-File –> e-File u/s 119(2)(b)/92CD
Also see the following related Updates:
|CBDT Guidelines for condonation of delay in filing refund claim and claims of carry forward of losses u/s 119(2)(b) Click Here >>|
|CBDT refusal to condone delay in filing return u/s 119(2)(b) cannot be contrary to decision of another IT authority – High Court Click Here >>|
|Condonation u/s 119(2)(b) rejected without enquiry to the reasons for the delay and the justification given held to be without proper consideration Click Here >>|
- Appeal not maintainable against computer extract of demand raised by CPC-TDS at traces website – ITAT
- Section 87A Rebate for AY 2021-22. Rebate may be reduced with increase in basic exemption limit
- Securitisation & Reconstruction of Financial Assets Amendment Rules 2020
- High Court condemns GST officials staying 8 days at searched house, says action punishable with jail
- Addition u/s 69 on premise that no prudent person keep huge amount of cash in house deleted