Income of Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission PAN AAALB1099E notified exempt u/s 10(46).
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Revenue)
(CENTRAL BOARD OF DIRECT TAXES)
Notification No. 81/2022
New Delhi, the 8th July, 2022
S.O. 3142(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (46) of section 10 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), the Central Government hereby notifies for the purposes of the said clause, ‘Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission’ (PAN AAALB1099E), a Commission constituted by the State Government of Bihar, in respect of the following specified income arising to that Commission, namely:
(a) amount received as licence fee from licensees in electricity;
(b) amount received as application processing fee; and
(c) Interest earned on Government Grants and on (a) & (b) above.
2. This notification shall be effective subject to the conditions that Bihar Electricity Regulatory Commission:-
(a) shall not engage in any commercial activity;
(b) activities and the nature of the specified income shall remain unchanged throughout the financial years; and
(c) shall file return of income in accordance with the provision of clause (g) of sub-section (4C) of section 139 of the Income-tax Act, 1961.
3. This notification shall be deemed to have been applied for the financial year 2021-2022 and shall be applicable with respect to the financial years 2022-2023, 2023-2024, 2024-2025 and 2025-2026.
SOURABH JAIN, Under Secy.
Explanatory Memorandum : It is certified that no person is being adversely affected by giving retrospective effect to this notification.
- CBDT prescribes conditions for Covid-19 related relief to employees & Transfer of Properties
- Introducing Single Click Nil Filing of GSTR-1
- GST on liquidated damages, compensation and penalty out of breach of contract
- Clarification on GST rates & classification of goods as per GST Council 47th meeting
- CBIC Clarifications on applicable GST rates & exemptions on certain services