ITD to launch Kardaata e-Sahyog Abhiyaan on Income Tax Day 24th July 2019
Income Tax Department is celebrating Income Tax Day on 24th July 2019. On this occasion, the Income Tax Department shall observe Kardaata e-Sahyog Abhiyaan.
In view of the representations received from the taxpayers and stakeholders seeking more assistance and support in enabling them in filing their returns electronically and in discharging other IT related obligations under the Income-tax laws, the CBDT has directed all the Principal Chief Commissioners/Chief Commissioners to launch a “Kardaata e-Sahyog Abhiyaan ” in association with Systems Directorate from 24th July 2019.
The said Kardaata e-Sahyog Abhiyaan will have the following components :
- Facilitation camps for e-filing
- Outreach programmes with taxpayers, and e-return preparers
- Video conferencing with stakeholders
- Training with hands-on experience of taxpayers/stakeholders
- Hand-holding and enabling taxpayers on IT related matters and related changes in forms/laws/utilities
- Any other measure
Also, on this occasion, the Member (IT&C) of the CBDT will hold a Video conference in this regard with all the Principal Chief Commissioners/Chief Commissioners and Systems Directorate on 22 .07.2019.
The topics for the agenda/discussion of the Video conference will be:
- Problems faced by the stakeholders and taxpayers in e-filing of returns and redressal thereof
- Setting-up of e-return camps in different cities/regions and mofussil charges
- Sending advance information kit as a guidance note for e-filing
- Activating call-centres with better feed-back system and addressing the queries and escalating issues arising thereof.
- Holding training/facilitation programme with stakeholders with assistance of Systems Directorate
- Enabling and involving officers/officials of Income-tax Department in the Kardaata e-Sahyog Abhiyan
- Empowering the Nodal Officer in each region to address the issues raised
- Any other topic
- Reassessment notice issued under old section 148 after 31.03.2021 invalid – High Court
- CGST (9th Amendment) Rules 2021. Amendment to FORM GST DRC-03
- Prosecution for late deposit of TDS. For non-deposit, necessary consequences shall follow -SC
- CBDT Guidelines on TDS provisions u/s 194O, 194Q & 206C
- Faceless Assessment quashed, no password sent to join video conferencing